– Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney will attempt to pass College Football Hall of Famer Frank Howard for sole possession of Clemson’s all-time head coaching wins record on Saturday, Oct. 28, when his Tigers face the NC State Wolfpack. Kickoff at CarterFinley Stadium in Raleigh, N.C., is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET.
– Saturday’s contest will feature two head coaches each attempting to rewrite his respective school’s record book. While Swinney will attempt to earn his 166th career victory as head coach of the Tigers to pass Howard for sole possession of the most career head coaching wins at Clemson, conversely, NC State Head Coach Dave Doeren (76) enters the game one victory shy of tying Earle Edwards (77) as the winningest coach in Wolfpack history.
– Swinney is 8-1 all-time against Doeren with all meetings coming during Doeren’s tenure at NC State. Presently, Doeren is one of only two head coaches to be defeated by Swinney eight times, joining Wake Forest’s Dave Clawson, whom Swinney defeated for the 10th time earlier this month.
Presented by Upcountry Fiber
Three hours leading up til kickoff
– Head Coach Dabo Swinney attempting to earn his 166th career win to pass College Football Hall of Famer Frank Howard (165 from 1940-69) for sole possession of the Clemson record for career head coaching wins.
– Swinney attempting to match the career win total of College Football Hall of Famer Red Blaik, who won 166 games at Dartmouth and Army from 1934-58. Swinney’s .797 win percentage is already ahead of Blaik’s .759.
– Clemson attempting to improve to 34-8 in games following a loss under Swinney, including season openers following a loss in the previous season finale.
– Clemson entering the game having not lost back-toback games in the same season since November 2011, the nation’s longest such streak.
Buy Clemson vs. NC State Tickets
2023 Clemson Football Roster