• Clemson had won 11 consecutive games overall, the longest active streak in the nation. South Florida now has the long active streak with 10 in a row.
• Clemson had won 12 straight games on the opponent’s home field, a Clemson record. The Tigers had won 18 of the last 19 games played away from home.
• The Tigers had won 15 straight in the month of October and 20 in a row against Atlantic Division teams.
• Clemson had won 12 in a row away from home against ACC teams and 21 of the last 22 against league opponents.
• Clemson had won 22 games in a row played before November 1.
• Clemson had won 13 in a row at night over the last two years.
• Clemson falls to 1-1-1 in games on Friday the 13. Clemson downed Presbyterian College 13-0 on Friday, Oct. 13, 1922, and tied George Washington on Friday, Oct. 13, 1933, 0-0 in its previous games on Friday the 13.
• Clemson has forced seven turnovers this year, but three of the takeaways have gone for touchdowns.
• Clemson has not had a turnover on the road this year and has run 202 consecutive plays without a turnover away from home.
• Clemson won the turnover margin at Syracuse 1-0, but lost the game. Clemson had been 50-4 under Dabo Swinney when winning the turnover margin.
• Clemson has 14 runs of at least 20 yards this year. The Tigers had just 15 all of last year in 15 games.
• Travis Etienne scored on a 52-yard touchdown run on Friday night at Syracuse. It was his fourth run of 50 yards or more this year. Three of those 50 yard runs have gone for touchdowns. Entering Saturday’s play, Etienne was fourth in the nation in runs of 50 yards or more and his four 50-yard runs are the most by a Clemson player since at least 2009. Andre Ellington had three in 2010 and 2011.
• Deon Cain has now caught a pass in 30 consecutive games and Hunter Renfrow extended his straight to 21 consecutive games.
• Clemson running backs Travis Etienne and Tavien Feaster had 12 rushes for 125 yards and two scores. That is an average of a little over 10 yards per rush. But they had 89 yards on two plays.
• Ray-Ray McCloud has caught a pass in 23 of the last 24 games.
• Clelin Ferrell had 3.5 sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss against Syracuse. He was just half a sack off the single game Clemson record and just half a tackle for loss off the mark for tackles for loss in a game. He also had nine tackles, seven of which were first hits.
• Tanner Muse scored on a 63-yard fumble return at Syracuse. It was his second career touchdown. He had a 64-yard interception return for a score against Syracuse in 2016. Muse is the first Clemson player to score a defensive touchdown against the same school in consecutive years since Rahim Abdullah scored on fumble returns in consecutive years against NC State in 1996 and 1997.
June 14, 2021
June 2, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 18, 2021