Feb. 1, 2003
Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
Tipoff: 1:07 PM Site: RBC Center (19,722) TV: Raycom/Jefferson Pilot Play by Play: Tim Brant Color: Bobby Cremins Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
Series Notes Overall: NC State leads 89-40 In Raleigh: NC State leads 43-10 At RBC Center: NC State leads 2-1 at Clemson: NC State leads 27-25 at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 18-13 at Neutral: NC State leads 19-5 Last Year: NC State won at CU, 80-79 NC State won at NCS, 83-54
* Edward Scott went over the 1000-point mark in his 100th game when he had 14 points against Wake Forest on Jan. 28. He now has 1001 points, 533 career assists and 379 rebounds. He needs just 21 rebounds to become the eighth player in ACC history to reach 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds in a career. Steve Blake of Maryland is also in range of that accomplishment.
* Four Clemson players had injury issues after the Wake Forest game. Olu Babalola suffered a bruised knee in the first half against the Demon Deacons. He played just five minutes after suffering the injury. But, his knee was fine in the second half, he played only sparingly because of a stomach flu problem. Julian Betko suffered a sprained ankle at the shoot-around prior to the game, but did play 14 minutes. He has been limited in practice, but should play Sunday. Chris Hobbs suffered a bruised jaw in a late-game collision at midcourt. He should be back for the NC State game. Edward Scott continues to fight a virus that has limited his effectiveness the last four games, but he should play at NC State.
* Clemson is on a three-game losing streak after winning 11 of its first 13 games to open the season. Clemson is a perfect 10-0 in non-conference games. The Tigers have not won since defeating Virgnia, 78-77 on January 18. The losing streak started at Florida State on January 21 when Anthony Richardson made two free throws with 0.4 seconds left for a 60-59 victory. Clemson has two other losses by five points or less.
* Clemson made a season high 10 three-point goals in the loss to Wake Forest. Clemson hit 10-23 from long range for the game. Six different Tigers made a three-point goal, a season high.
* Clemson won the “points in the paint” statistic in each of its first 13 games this season. But, during the three-game losing streak Clemson has been on the short end of that statistic. Clemson is 11-2 this season when it wins the points in the paint stat and 0-3 when it does not.
* Shawan Robinson will return to Raleigh this weekend. The Clemson freshman played his high school ball at Leesville Road. Robinson is shooting 51 percent from the field, 52 percent on three-point shots and 83 percent from the line. No Clemson freshman has ever reached those three levels over the course of a season.
* Larry Shyatt and Herb Sendek both coached on the same staff at Providence under Rick Barnes in 1988- 89. Shyatt and Sendek have split eight previous head-to-head head coaching meetings since. This will be Sendek’s 300th game as a Division I head coach. Sendek is 6-6 vs. Clemson.
July 30, 2021
July 28, 2021
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021