FANS GOING TO THE GAME
Directions to Sanford Stadium
Parking at Sanford Stadium
Sanford Stadium Guide
FOLLOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter: @ClemsonFB and @ClemsonTigers
Instagram: @ClemsonFB and @ClemsonTigers
Facebook: Clemson Football and Clemson Tigers
WATCH PARTY IN DEATH VALLEY
As Clemson football fans quickly exhausted the school’s 7,500-ticket allotment for the season opener against Georgia in Athens, those without tickets began asking about the possibility of gathering in Memorial Stadium to watch the game on the video boards. Therefore, Clemson announced plans to open the lower bowl of the stadium and invite students and the community to watch the game together.
More info here: Death Valley Watch Party
• Georgia holds a 41-18-4 advantage in the series that dates to the 1897 season. Georgia won that first meeting 24-0 in Athens in the season opener. It was the fourth game in Clemson history and the first time Clemson played a game outside the state of South Carolina. Georgia’s football history dates to 1892 and that first meeting with Clemson was the 25th in Bulldog history.
• Georgia holds a 26-7-1 advantage in the series in games played at Georgia, including a 20-2 lead in games played at Sanford Stadium. Clemson’s only wins in Sanford Stadium took place in 1977 (7-6) and 1986 (31-28).
• Clemson’s last win in Athens took place on September 20, 1986 when David Treadwell kicked a 46-yard field goal on the last play of the game to give the Tigers a 31-28 victory. Clemson was coming off a heart breaking home loss to Virginia Tech the previous Saturday. Georgia was ranked No. 14 in the nation entering the game. Clemson went on to an 8-2-2 season, ranked No. 17 in the final AP poll and an ACC Championship, while Georgia finished 8-4.
• Clemson defeated #5 Georgia 38-35 last year in the season opener at Memorial Stadium. The Tigers became the first non-SEC school to defeat top-10 SEC schools in consecutive games. The Tigers had beaten a top-10 Louisiana State in the Chick-fil-A Bowl to end the 2012 season.
• Georgia Head Coach Mark Richt has a son, Jon, who signed with the Tigers in the recruiting class of 2006. Jon was a quarterback for the Tigers who red-shirted that season. He later transferred to Mars Hill. Jon was coached at Clemson by Tommy Bowden.
• Georgia tight end Jay Rome is the son of former Clemson football and basketball star Stan Rome. Stan played football and basketball for Clemson during the 1975-76 academic year, then played just basketball over his final two years. On the gridiron, Stan caught passes from Steve Fuller and Mike O’Cain.
March 14, 2019