Nov. 9, 2008
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery 1 | Photo Gallery 2
* Clemson had four game captains for today’s contest and all four were from the state of Florida. The Tigers who were captains include Chris Clemons (Arcadia), Kevin Alexander (Raiford).
* When Cullen Harper it marked just the second time this year Clemson had scored a touchdown on its opening possession. The Tigers also scored on their first possession of the game in the victory against South Carolina State. It was the first time Clemson had scored a touchdown on its first possession in an ACC game since the Boston College game last year, the last league game of the 2007 season.
* For Spiller it was his eighth touchdown this year, tops on the Clemson team. He now has two touchdown on receptions this year and six for his career. Spiller has had a reception of at least 40 yards each of the last two weeks. He had a 45-yard catch at Boston College last week.
* When Florida State drove 70 yards for a touchdown in the second period, it was just the fourth time in the last seven games than an opposing team had drive at least 70 yards for a touchdown against the Clemson defense. Opponents had 45 possession during that time period in which they took over possession at their own 30 or worse.
* Clemson starting offensive left tackle Chris Hairston suffered a concussion in the first quarter and did not return to the game. Senior defensive tackle Dorell Scott suffered a knee injury in the second period and did not play in the second half.
* Fifth year senior snapper Charles Roediger recovered a fumbled punt in the first half. It led to a Clemson touchdown. It was the first fumble recovery of his career.
* Mark Buchholz kicked two field goals today and is now 11-12 for the season. He is also perfect on extra points for the season at 28-28 and is now 76-76 for his career.
* Cullen Harper threw two touchdown passes today, the third time this year he has done that. He also threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown for the third time this year. Harper now has 38 career touchdown passes, third in Clemson history. He is three behind Woody Dantzler, who had 41 between 1998-01.
* Kavell Conner made his first career interception in the third period. It was Clemson’s first interception in five games. It was also the first interception by a Clemson linebacker this year.
* The Florida State victory ends Clemson’s three-game winning streak in the series. It was Florida State’s first win in the series since 2004 when they defeated the Tigers in Tallahassee 41-22. Clemson has three career wins in Tallahassee and all three wins have been night games.
* Florida State’s defense had five sacks today, the most given up by the Clemson offensive line this year.
* Clemson now has a record of 4-5 and must win its last three games to be bowl eligible.
December 14, 2018
December 12, 2018
December 11, 2018