Clemson Athletics and Dabo’s All In Team FoundationR is teaming with Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital System, Coca Cola, Tiger Sports Shop, Southern Fried Cotton and OOBE in support of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.
Beginning today and continuing throughout the month the Breast Cancer Awareness will feature:
· A custom designed 2015 “Tiger Breast Cancer Awareness Pin” worn by players and coaches during Tiger Walk and by the coaches on the sideline during games.
· Special Clemson Men’s and Women’s Pink Apparel designed and manufactured by OOBE available at the Tiger Sports Shop, Clemson, S.C. in-store and on-line.
· A special designed “Howlin for a Cure” t-shirt offered by Southern Fried Cotton locations in-store and on-line. Proceeds go directly to funding the St. Francis Mobile Mammography van providing free mammograms and ultra sounds to those deserving patients.
· Clemson versus Boston College October 17th will feature special Nike gear worn by the players.
· Kathleen Swinney along with Coach Swinney will host the Tiger Call in Show On Monday, October 12th at 8 p.m.
The custom designed “Tiger Breast Cancer Awareness Pin” will be available in-store or on-line through the following outlets; Clemson Tigers.Com; in Clemson, S.C. at Tiger Sports Shop, Tigertown Graphics, Clemson Variety & Frame, Razzberry Fizz, Barnes & Noble, Memorial Stadium Novelty Stands, and Palmetto Moon, throughout South Carolina.
Proceeds from the sale of the breast cancer awareness month items during the month of October will benefit Dabo’s All In Team FoundationR. The Foundation raise funds for breast cancer prevention and research with an emphasis on local university research programs, and efforts providing medical screening/testing to local upstate residents.
The Swinney extended family has experienced first-hand the battle with breast cancer. Kathleen Swinney has led the effort sending a message to women about the importance of early breast cancer screening and fundraising to provide early screenings to women facing inadequate access to medical treatment in the Upstate
Coach Swinney,” First we want to thank Clemson University, OOBE, St. Francis, Tiger Sport Shop, and Southern Fried Cotton for allowing us to partner together on such an important cause. I hope all Tiger Fans join in and support us as we try to beat this disease which has not only affected our family but so many Tiger families. All In!”
October 20, 2018
October 19, 2018