Match Information vs. Charlotte:Who: Charlotte 49ers (5-5) at Clemson Tigers (5-6)When: Saturday, March 10, 11 a.m.Where: Mickel Tennis Center (indoors) at Furman University, Greenville, S.C.Social: @ClemsonWTennis on Twitter & Instagram
Match Information vs. UNC Greensboro:Who: UNC Greensboro Spartans (3-5) at Clemson Tigers (5-6)When: Saturday, March 10, 3 p.m.Where: Mickel Tennis Center (indoors) at Furman University, Greenville, S.C.Social: @ClemsonWTennis on Twitter & Instagram
– Saturday’s matches against Charlotte and UNC Greensboro will be played indoors at the Mickel Tennis Center on Furman’s campus in Greenville, S.C.
– The Tigers (5-6, 1-3 ACC) are coming off of a close 4-3 loss to Miami on March 4 at the AU Tennis Center in Anderson, S.C. Clemson won the doubles point, and sophomores Tate Schroeder and Sydney Riley won their singles matches, at No. 3 and 4 singles, respectively, against the Hurricanes.
– Clemson is currently ranked 41st nationally, according to the ITA team rankings that were released on March 6.
– Junior Marie-Alexandre Leduc is ranked 20th in the nation in singles. She has a 4-3 record and has played all of her dual matches at the No. 1 singles position.
– Leduc and fellow junior Fernanda Navarro are ranked 60th nationally in doubles, entering the ITA rankings for the first time last week. The pair is 4-2 on the season, all at No. 1 doubles.
– Navarro was named ACC Player of the Week on Feb. 20, for her performances against Wake Forest and UT Chattanooga the week of Feb. 12-18.
– Senior Daniela Ruiz was named a recipient of the ACC’s Weaver-James-Corrigan Postgraduate Scholarship as announced by the conference office on Feb. 28. Ruiz will graduate from Clemson in May 2018 with a degree in Industrial Engineering, and has already begun taking classes toward earning a master’s degree in that field.
SINGLESMarie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 20th
DOUBLESMarie-Alexandre Leduc & Fernanda Navarro (Clemson) – 60th
March 18, 2019
March 10, 2019
March 8, 2019
March 7, 2019