Sept. 15, 2004
The latest edition of women’s soccer Q & A is with Paige Ledford. The senior from Ooltewahh, TN is a mechanical engineering major who has been voted by her teammates as the most dedicated in the weight room for three straight years. Read what she had to say below:
1. Who inspired you to play soccer? I think I started playing soccer because all the boys at school were into it and I played with them at recess.
2. What’s your pet peeve? When class is almost over and everyone starts shuffling around while the teacher is talking. That drives me crazy.
3. What book are you currently reading? Me, Jenny, Lydia and Sarah are reading Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper.
4. What’s the last concert you attended? Man, I can’t remember, I haven’t ever been to a real concert, just little ones. I did see John Mayer my freshman year outside of Harcombe.
5. Who’s your favorite musical group? Resist the Giggle.
6. Who do you admire on the team? I admire the keepers. Nothing gets me more pumped in a game than when the keepers go flying sideways or makes a huge save.
7. What’s your best feature? My hair because I never have to brush and it doesn’t get tangled.
8. What interesting places have you visited? Because of soccer I’ve been able to travel all over the place, but the only drawback is we never really get to see any of the sites where we go.
9. What’s your favorite restaurant? California Pizza Kitchen
10. Who is someone you’ve always wanted to meet? I have played against her but haven’t officially met Abby Wambach. She is my favorite player. My roommate Abbie and I even named a puppy after her.
11. What’s your favorite cartoon? Bobby’s World
12. Morning person or night owl? I love the morning.
13. If you could be any superhero for a day, who would it be? The Invisible Man.
14. What’s your dream job? A professional soccer player or running my own lawn service.
15. What are your hobbies? Mountain biking, backpacking, tennis, reading,
16. Do you have any phobias? I used to be pretty scared of snakes but not now. 17. What’s your nickname? Nay
18. What makes you laugh? When people fall. Example: America’s funniest home videos when they would show the parasailing accidents.
19. What’s in your CD player right now? Charlotte Eagles mix 2004
20. What should people know about you? Because of what Jesus has done for me, I wake up every morning and pray that my life and everything I do will reflect how awesome He is.
21. How do you want to be remembered? As someone you can depend on.
22. You are off to a 5-1 start. How do you feel the season is going and how do you see it in the future? The season couldn’t have started any better, it’s so fun to win big games. If we keep improving with every game, I can see us going with out another loss the rest of the way.
May 3, 2019
May 1, 2019
April 19, 2019
March 15, 2019