Oct. 18, 2004
The latest edition of women’s soccer Q & A is with Elizabeth Jobe. EJ is a freshman from Roswell GA, majoring in Animal & Vet. Science. EJ has started all 15 games so far for Clemson as it is finishing up with their regular season play.
1. You graduated early from high school enrolling at Clemson this past spring. Enabling you to have an early semester with the team, what have been its advantages? Have there been any disadvantages?
I already knew what to expect from classes and training so I was better prepared to handle the load of school and being in season this fall. Also, I was a part of the team before the season, which helped me jump right into the soccer aspect. There have been no disadvantages because I even got to go back to my prom!
2. What do you consider your biggest accomplishment up until now?
Playing on the US Women’s U-19 National Team has been my biggest accomplishment and honor.
3. How did you become interested in possibly one day becoming a Veterinarian?
I have always been very interested in science and medicine, so I just combined that with my passion for animals and helping them.
4. Who is someone you’ve always wanted to meet? Lance Armstrong because he has been a huge inspiration for my brother who had cancer and my family. His passion and drive inspires any athlete, and his desire to be the best is nearly unmatched when you look at his accomplishments in comparison to the obstacles he has faced.
5. What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday because I love the nippy weather and songs and smells. Also, I get to spend a lot of time with my family and stuff my face with food!
6. Tell me about your brother and sister. My brother is the oldest sibling and is a genius at Georgia Tech. My sister, who is hilarious and is my best friend, is the middle child and is an art major at the University of Georgia.
7. What’s your favorite sports team? I don’t have one particular favorite team, but I love college football.
8. What’s in your CD player right now? A country mix
9. What’s your dream-sporting event to go to? Le Tour de France just to catch a glimpse of Lance rolling by! And I have always wanted to go to Europe.
10. What’s your favorite movie of all-time? Mean Girls!!! This one’s for the roomies (Garce, Steph, and Jess)!
11. What’s your favorite TV show of all time? Saved By the Bell. I’ve seen every episode WAY to many times. Plus, I love A.C. Slater’s 80’s jeans!
12. What do you love about Clemson University and the team? I love our team chemistry and how hilarious it is to be with my teammates, especially off the field. Sometimes my abs ALMOST hurt as bad as when we do Tanna’s ab workouts from laughing all night. At Clemson, I love the school’s athletic support and the insane school spirit and pride. I love it, I love it, I love it!
13. What is like to start as a freshman as the defensive midfielder in the ACC conference? It is a huge honor and task to start on this team especially, and to try and fill Allison Mitchell’s shoes. Each game is so tough, and I feel a responsibility to my teammates to play at my fullest potential each game.
14. What’s your dream job? To be a Veterinarian, specifically in orthopedic surgery.
15. What is your biggest pet peeve? When people don’t replace the toilet paper roll when they finish it!!! You can’t leave me hangin’!
16. What one word or animal would you use to describe the overall personality of the soccer team? GASEOUS!
17. Who is your favorite soccer player? Zinadine Zidane
18. What’s your favorite animated movie? Finding Nemo because it is sooo funny. “Fish are friends, not food.”
19. What makes traveling fun with the team? Roommate Trivia when other people make it up!
20. Who is the funniest player on the team, or is there more than one? There is definitely more than one, but a few favorites are Kate Clifton, Allison Graham, and Kristin Allen.
21.How do you feel the team is doing at this point in the season? Where do you see your team in the future of the regular season games, and post season? I feel our team has underachieved at certain points of the season. We have amazing flashes of brilliance, but we need to put it together consistently. We are by far one of the top teams in the nation, but our losses have been more psychological than physical problems. I know our team will do well in the rest of the season games, but I expect our post season ACC tournament and NCAA tournament performances to be special this year.
Word Association What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the word. Ready…..
ACC Conference– HARD
Animals– I wanna pick `em up and squeeze `em!
Schilletter dinning room– I’ve had better.
September 20, 2020
September 19, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 16, 2020