2018-19 Basketball News
• South Carolina holds a 90-78 lead in the series, but the Tigers have held a 36-18 upperhand since the Gamecocks left the Atlantic Coast Conference following the 1971-72 season.
• Since the Gamecocks’ departure from the ACC, Clemson has had three separate winning streaks of at least six games in the series, most recently from 2004-10.
• In its last eight games against members of the Southeastern Conference, the Tigers are 7-1, including 2-0 against South Carolina.
• Elijah Thomas posted his fourth double-double of the season and 15th of his career against Charleston Southern (25 points, 14 rebounds).
• With the victory against Charleston Southern (Dec. 18), head coach Brad Brownell passed Bill Foster and now stands second all-time on the Clemson win list (157).
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
• Clemson has won 28 times in history over South Carolina in Columbia, second-most wins in program history on the road over another opponent, trailing only 41 all-time road wins over Furman.
• The Tigers last trip to Colonial Life Arena served as a victory for the Tigers. Clemson won 62-60 and it marked just the second loss all-time in the series for South Carolina as a ranked team against Clemson.
• Brad Brownell and the Tigers also earned a taste of victory in Columbia in 2012 when K.J. McDaniels, Rod Hall and Devin Booker combined for 44 points in a 64-55 win over the Gamecocks.
• The Tigers’ longest sustained success came in the Oliver Purnell era, when Clemson won three straight (2004,06,08) in Colonial Life Arena.
• The Tigers will look to win its second-straight in Columbia.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 78, Charleston Southern 51
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW