2018-19 Basketball News
WEDNESDAY NIGHT PROMOTION• Educator’s Day (all educators are eligible for a free ticket – based on availability)
CLEMSON vs. SAM HOUSTON STATE
• Clemson has now started a season 2-0 for the 16th time in the last 17 seasons.
• Tonight will mark the first-ever meeting between Clemson and Sam Houston State.
• Clemson allowed just 20 first half points against NC Central – the second-fewest first half points allowed in the last 61 games.
• The Tigers have also forced 34 turnovers this season, including a season-high 20 (the most in its last 23 games).
• Shelton Mitchell is on pace to become the 13th player in Clemson history to achieve at least 750 points and 325 assists.
• Clemson has assisted on 38 of its 57 made fields goals this year (66.7 percent).
• The Tigers posted 20 assists in its season opener against The Citadel before tallying 18 on Nov. 9 against NC Central.
• The 20 assist mark was just the 11th time in Brad Brownell’s tenure that the Tigers have achieved that feat (dating back to 2010-11 season).
• Both Shelton Mitchell and Marcquise Reed combined for nine assists against NC Central – one more than the Eagles posted as a team.
• In Clemson’s second game of the year, the Tigers made double-digit 3-pointers (10), after hitting 11 in the season opener against The Citadel.
• It marks just the second time in Clemson’s history that a Tiger squad has opened up the season with back-to-back double-digit three-pointer games.
• The last time it happened was Nov. 13 against Presbyterian (14 made threes) and Nov. 17 against Liberty (10 made threes).
• Brad Brownell is third all-time in Clemson history with 151 wins – just six shy of surpassing Bill Foster (1975-84) for second all time.
Beginning Nov. 4, S.C. Highway 93 on Clemson’s main campus will be reduced to one lane from College Avenue to Williamson Road due to an ongoing campus utility project. Only westbound traffic toward Williamson will be allowed to travel through this area. Please plan accordingly and allow additional travel time on your way to campus and on your drive back home. Sidewalks will also be closed adjacent to Highway 93 in this area. Highway 93 will be restored to four lanes of traffic during all home football game days. This project will continue into 2019.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 71, NC Central 51
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES