2018-19 Basketball News
CLEMSON vs. RADFORD
• Clemson will face Radford for the fourth time in program history this afternoon.
• Clemson and Radford played all three matchups within a 15 year stretch from 1989-2004.
• Both programs last played during the 2003-04 season on Dec. 22, 2003 – a 74-58 Tiger victory.
• All three meetings and after this afternoon – all four meetings will have come in Clemson.
• The Tigers are 117-21-1 all-time against members of the Big South Conference, including 90-10-1 on its home floor.
•With Clemson’s next victory, head coach Brad Brownell will tie Bill Foster for second-most victories all time in Clemson history.
• Last time out, Aamir Simms notched a career-high 23 points on a career-best nine made field goals against Mississippi State (Dec. 8).
• Elijah Thomas leads the ACC in field goal percentage (69.2), which is also good for eighth nationally.
• Thomas has made 28-of-his-last-36 shots from the floor and most recently finished 8-for-9 against Mississippi State for an 18-point effort.
• Thomas is one of just 12 players in the country to average at least 12.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and shoot at least 65.0 percent from the field.
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
For the 2018-19 season, Clemson Athletics will implement walk-thru metal detectors at all entrances to Littlejohn Coliseum. Fans will be required to remove keys, cell phones, cameras and other electronics from their pockets prior to walking through metal detectors. Shoes, coins, wallets, belts an jewelry will not need to be removed. Fans who either have a relevant medical condition or do not feel comfortable walking through the metal detectors can notify event staff and participate in an alternative screening process. The addition of the walk-thru metal detectors will result in additional time need to enter Littlejohn Coliseum, so please plan accordingly. Clemson officials will be working throughout the season to ensure that this additional time is kept to a minimum.
As a reminder, the clear bag policy will also continue to be in effect… see graphic below 👇👇👇
Beginning Nov. 4, S.C. Highway 93 on Clemson’s main campus will be reduced to one lane from College Avenue to Williamson Road due to an ongoing campus utility project. Only westbound traffic toward Williamson will be allowed to travel through this area. Please plan accordingly and allow additional travel time on your way to campus and on your drive back home. Sidewalks will also be closed adjacent to Highway 93 in this area. Highway 93 will be restored to four lanes of traffic during all home football game days. This project will continue into 2019.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 71, Mississippi State 82
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW