2018-19 Basketball News
CLEMSON vs. NC STATE
• The Clemson Tigers will look for its second-straight victory over NC State in ACC Tournament play. Tipoff from Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C. is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. ET.
• The contest will be televised on ESPN with Sean McDonough, Dan Dakich and Maria Taylor calling the action courtside, while Don Munson and Tim Bourret will be on the radio waves. The radio call will be available on the Clemson Tigers Network and Tunein.com.
• Live stats will be provided on ClemsonTigers.com and Twitter updates will be available on Clemson’s official account (@ClemsonMBB).
• Clemson will look for its third victory in a row when it challenges NC State in the second round of the 2019 New York Life ACC Tournament.
• Clemson enters the ACC Tournament having won eight-of-its-last-12 ACC games, including four-of-its-last-five.
• This is just the seventh time in school history that Clemson enters the ACC Tournament having won eight-of-its-last-12 ACC games and just the second time in the last 29 years.
• Brad Brownell won his 168th career game at Clemson with a 67-55 win against Syracuse on the school’s Senior Day. He is currently just nine shy of tying Cliff Ellis for the most in program history (177).
• Marcquise Reed is one of just two players in the country to average at least 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals per game this season.
• Since 2016-17 and with three more rebounds, Reed could become just the ninth player to amass at least 1,400 points, 400 rebounds, 250 assists and 150 steals.
• Reed jumped into 15th on the all-time scoring list. Reed now has 1,426 points in his Clemson career. His performance against UNC pushed him over 1,900 career points (1,955). He could be come the 19th active player to amass 2,000 career points in NCAA Division I.
• Elijah Thomas surpassed 600 career rebounds in his time at Clemson and became just the seventh player in program history to amass 900 points, 600 rebounds and 150 blocks. With 633 career rebounds – Thomas is tied for 19th all-time in Tiger history.
• Aamir Simms was named to the 2018-19 All-ACC Academic Men’s Basketball Team on Friday, March 8.
• Marcquise Reed earned 2019 All-ACC Third Team honors, while Elijah Thomas was named 2019 All-ACC Honorable Mention and also landed on the 2019 All-ACC Defensive Team.
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
ACC TOURNAMENT BRACKET
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 67, Syracuse 55
• During the Tigers’ road trip to Syracuse, Lyles Davis was awarded a scholarship by head coach Brad Brownell.
• Davis, a fourth-year walk-on in the Tigers program is known as a relentless worker and one of the most respected players on the roster.
• The pre-business major hails from Charleston, S.C. and attended James Island Charter High School where he was a three-time captain and helped lead them to a Region 7-AAAA title in 2014-15.
• Coach Brownell began his meeting speaking to the team about what it’s like to be a coach and to see player development first hand. Not just on the court, but in all aspects of life.
• Brownell concluded his speech with, “Something cool is about to happen…” That something cool was announcing that Davis would be on scholarship for his last semester in school.
• Last Spring, Davis was awarded the “Academic Excellence” Award, presented each year at the Tigers’ basketball banquet by academic advisor Leslie Moreland-Bishop.
• Davis is also a two-time winner of the “Man of the Month” Award, presented montly by director of basketball strength and conditioning Mike Bewley.
• The award is graded out over the course of a month and on a weekly basis. Each student-athlete is graded after each practice session by their position coach, after each strength session by coach Bewley and twice per week academically.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW