2018-19 Basketball News
CLEMSON vs. LIPSCOMB
• Clemson will face-off against Lipscomb for the first time in program history this afternoon. The Tigers are 8-0 all-time against members of the Atlantic Sun Conference, including 6-0 at home.
• Elijah Thomas is first in the ACC in field goal percentage (.706) which is also fourth-best in the entire country.
• The Dallas, Texas native leads the ACC in field goal percentage (70.6 percent) on 60-for-85 shooting this season through 12 games.
• While he leads the ACC, Thomas is fourth overall in the nation in this category.
• Thomas finished 9-for-12 from the floor against Charleston Southern, leading the Tigers with 25 points and 14 rebounds. His fourth double-double of the season.
• With its 78-68 victory in Columbia last time out, Clemson improves to 37-18 over South Carolina (since the Gamecocks left the ACC after the 1971-72 season).
• Marcquise Reed posted a game-high 20 points off the bench in his return to spark the Tiger offense in the victory over the Gamecocks.
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
For the 2018-19 season, Clemson Athletics will implement walk-thru metal detectors at all entrances to Littlejohn Coliseum. Fans will be required to remove keys, cell phones, cameras and other electronics from their pockets prior to walking through metal detectors. Shoes, coins, wallets, belts an jewelry will not need to be removed. Fans who either have a relevant medical condition or do not feel comfortable walking through the metal detectors can notify event staff and participate in an alternative screening process. The addition of the walk-thru metal detectors will result in additional time need to enter Littlejohn Coliseum, so please plan accordingly. Clemson officials will be working throughout the season to ensure that this additional time is kept to a minimum.
As a reminder, the clear bag policy will also continue to be in effect… see graphic below 👇👇👇
Beginning Nov. 4, S.C. Highway 93 on Clemson’s main campus will be reduced to one lane from College Avenue to Williamson Road due to an ongoing campus utility project. Only westbound traffic toward Williamson will be allowed to travel through this area. Please plan accordingly and allow additional travel time on your way to campus and on your drive back home. Sidewalks will also be closed adjacent to Highway 93 in this area. Highway 93 will be restored to four lanes of traffic during all home football game days. This project will continue into 2019.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 78, Radford 68
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW