Elementary School Day
2018-19 Basketball News
CLEMSON vs. CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
• Clemson will face Charleston Southern for the 19th time in program history.
• The Tigers are 18-0 all-time against the Buccaneers, including a 16-0 mark in home games.
• The last time both teams played was a 74-50 win on Nov. 24, 2006. The series dates back to the 1975-76 season.
• The Tigers are 118-21-1 all-time against members of the Big South Conference, including 91-10-1 on its home floor.
• Clemson is 27-3 in its last 30 home games during the regular season against non-conference opponents.
• With the victory against Radford (Dec. 15), head coach Brad Brownell tied Bill Foster for second all-time on the Clemson win list (156).
• Shelton Mitchell posted his second 20-point game of the season and seventh of his career. The Tigers are 6-2 this season with a 20-pt scorer.
• The Tigers are 5-1 on their home floor this season, including 20-2 dating back to the beginning of the 2017-18 season.
• Since the inception of the newly renovated Littlejohn prior to the 2016-17 season, the Tigers are 31-8 overall (.795 percent).
• In non-conference regular season games, the Tigers are 19-2 during that span (.905 percent).
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
For the 2018-19 season, Clemson Athletics will implement walk-thru metal detectors at all entrances to Littlejohn Coliseum. Fans will be required to remove keys, cell phones, cameras and other electronics from their pockets prior to walking through metal detectors. Shoes, coins, wallets, belts an jewelry will not need to be removed. Fans who either have a relevant medical condition or do not feel comfortable walking through the metal detectors can notify event staff and participate in an alternative screening process. The addition of the walk-thru metal detectors will result in additional time need to enter Littlejohn Coliseum, so please plan accordingly. Clemson officials will be working throughout the season to ensure that this additional time is kept to a minimum.
As a reminder, the clear bag policy will also continue to be in effect… see graphic below 👇👇👇
Beginning Nov. 4, S.C. Highway 93 on Clemson’s main campus will be reduced to one lane from College Avenue to Williamson Road due to an ongoing campus utility project. Only westbound traffic toward Williamson will be allowed to travel through this area. Please plan accordingly and allow additional travel time on your way to campus and on your drive back home. Sidewalks will also be closed adjacent to Highway 93 in this area. Highway 93 will be restored to four lanes of traffic during all home football game days. This project will continue into 2019.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 74, Radford 66
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW