2018-19 Basketball News
CLEMSON vs. AKRON (CAYMAN ISLANDS CLASSIC)
• Clemson is 1-0 all-time against Akron.
• The lone matchup between the Tigers and the Zips came during the 2005-06 season as part of the San Juan Shootout in San Juan Puerto Rico.
• Clemson defeated Akron 66-59 in that contest.
• Both meetings with Akron have now come outside the continental United States.
• The Tigers are 6-3 all-time against members of the Mid-American Conference (MAC), including an 81-76 win over Ohio last season in the Charleston Classic (Nov. 16, 2017).
• Clemson has now started a season 3-0 for the fifth time in Brad Brownell’s tenure at Clemson.
• Tonight will mark just the second time that Clemson and Akron will match up. Last meeting was in 2005.
• Aamir Simms is shooting 75.0 percent on the season, including an ultra-impressive 87.5 percent from beyond the arc.
• Clemson has assisted on 62.7 percent of its made baskets and topped 50 assists as a team for the second time in 11 seasons.
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 74, Sam Houston State 59
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW