2019-20 Basketball News
SETTING THE SCENE BETWEEN THE TIGERS AND HURRICANES
• The Clemson Tigers will look to advance to the ACC Tournament quarterfinal round with a win over Miami.
• The contest will be televised on ESPN with Dave O’Brien, Cory Alexander and Allison Williams calling the action courtside, while Don Munson and Tim Bourret will call the action on the radio waves. The radio call will be available on the Clemson Tigers Network and Tunein.com.
• Live stats will be provided on ClemsonTigers.com and Twitter updates will be available on Clemson’s official account (@ClemsonMBB).
CLEMSON BASKETBALL HEADLINES
• Aamir Simms was named Third-Team All-ACC on March 9. It’s Simms’ first career ACC postseason accolade.
• Simms, Hunter Tyson and John Newman III were recently named to the All-ACC Academic Team.
• Al-Amir Dawes scored 18 points, including the game-winning basket with 1.0 second left to top FSU, 70-69.
• The Tigers earned their third Top-6 ranked win of the season and now leads the country in Top-6 victories.
• Clemson shot lights out at Boston College, breaking a program record for shooting percentage in an ACC road game (68.9 percent). The previous high was set 36 years ago on Feb. 21, 1984 at Virginia (67.5 percent).
• Clemson has played 1,056 true road games in history – that is the best shooting percentage in any road game all time.
• Behind a career-high 23 points from John Newman III, the Tigers dominated No. 5/5 Louisville 77-62. It was the Tigers’ first time beating two Top-5 opponents in the same year since 1979-80. (Beat Duke 79-72 on Jan. 14).
• Tevin Mack turned in a career performance against Syracuse with 32 points and 10 assists. It was his second double-double and a career-best 32 points. The performance came via a career-best 12 made field goals.
• Beating Wake Forest gave Clemson at least a break-even record in the season series against all four ACC schools from the Tar Heel state. It’s the first time since 1989-90 when Clemson was 1-1 vs. Duke, 1-1 vs. UNC, 1-1 vs. NC State and 3-0 vs. Wake Forest.
• Clemson defeated No. 3/3 Duke on for its first win over an AP top-3 ranked opponent since North Carolina on Feb. 18, 2001.
• With that win over Duke on Jan. 14, Head Coach Brad Brownell passed Cliff Ellis for the all-time wins mark in Clemson basketball history.
• Clemson has been bitten by the injury bug in 2019, having many key players miss time due to injuries, which includes three starting players. For much of the season, Clemson has had as few as eight scholarship players active. Clemson has had players miss 73 games this season.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
2019-20 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE