2018-19 Basketball News
• The Clemson Tigers will face their second non-conference opponent in four days when they welcome Colgate. Tipoff from Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, S.C. is slated for 3:01 p.m. ET.
• The contest will be televised on ACCNX with Pete Yanity and Jim Davis calling the action courtside, while Don Munson and Tim Bourret will call the action on the radio waves. The radio call will be available on the Clemson Tigers Network and Tunein.com.
• Live stats will be provided on ClemsonTigers.com and Twitter updates will be available on Clemson’s official account (@ClemsonMBB).
CLEMSON BASKETBALL HEADLINES
• Clemson allowed just 45 points its last time out against Presbyterian. The Tigers have allowed 50 points or less on 46 occasions during head coach Brad Brownell’s tenure.
• The Tigers are a combined 44-2 when they allow 50 or less points to its opponent and have won their last 23 contests in which they have allowed 50 or less points (23-0).
• Clemson knocked down an impressive barrage of 3-pointers in its last outing, a 79-45 victory over Presbyterian.
• The Tigers made 14 threes for just the sixth time in program history.
• Chase Hunter finished with a season-high 13 points against the Blue Hose, on 5-for-7 shooting and connected on 3-of-5 from behind the arc. Hunter turned in a team-high four assists.
• John Newman III set a career-high in points with 16 against Presbyterian on a career-best six made field goals. Newman also dished out a career-best three assists.
• Aamir Simms posted a career-best 15 rebounds en route to his first career double-double (12 points, 15 rebounds) against Virginia Tech in the season opener.
• Clemson learned the fate of Nick Honor this week and the result of his waiver request to the NCAA to play this season. The NCAA denied it and Honor will have to sit out the 2019-20 season. He will have three years of eligibility remaining.
• Clemson received a major boost in its lineup last week with the NCAA granting Khavon Moore’s transfer request waiver, allowing Moore to become immediately eligible for the 2019-20 season. Moore is a transfer from Texas Tech and played just two minutes last season.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
2019-20 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE