Jan. 30, 2008
Complete Game Notes
CLEMSON, SC – Atlanta native Christy Brown and the Clemson women’s basketball team will travel to Georgia Tech on Thursday for a date with the Yellow Jackets. Tip off is scheduled for 7:00 pm from the Alexander Memorial Coliseum. Thursday’s game will be the first of two meeting between the schools within the next month, as Georgia Tech will head to Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 24.
The game will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network with Don Munson calling the play-by-play and www.clemsontigers.com. Livestats will also be available on the Clemson athletic homepage. The game will also be broadcast live on the internet via ACC Select and can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Watch Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Live on ACC Select!
The Lady Tigers own a 9-12 record for the 2007-08 season with a 2-4 mark against ACC opponents.
Scouting The Yellow Jackets Georgia Tech enters Thursday’s contest with the Lady Tigers following a seven-day break from action. The Yellow Jackets have dropped their last two decisions, falling to Maryland in double overtime and at home to Duke on Jan. 24. For the season, Georgia Tech owns a 16-4 record with all four losses suffered against ranked opponents. Tech is also 3-3 in league action.
Janie Mitchell leads the Yellow Jackets in both the scoring and rebounding columns with averages of 16.7 points and 6.6 rebounds per game. Chioma Nnamaka and Alex Montgomery are also averaging in double figures at 15.3 and 10.7 points per game, respectively. Jaqua Williams has tallied 72 steals this season to rank sixth in the nation for the statistic, while Jill Ingrarm leads the team with 70 assists.
Overall, Georgia Tech is averaging 70.9 points per game while holding the opposition to just a 60.4 average.
Clemson Veterans vs. Georgia Tech Just five players on the Clemson roster have seen action against the Yellow Jackets.
* Christy Brown – tallied 11 assists in two games last season with just six total points
* Morganne Campbell – had four points in both meetings in 2006-07 with just 25 total minutes of action against the Yellow Jackets
* Moreemi Davis – averaging 5.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in four career games against Georgia Tech
* Lele Hardy – posted 19 points in first meeting of 2006-07 at Clemson and then had 10 in Atlanta later in the season. Also totaled 14 rebounds in the two games
* D’Lesha Lloyd – owns a 10.7 scoring average in six games against Georgia Tech while averaging 2.7 rebounds in those contests.
October 15, 2019
October 14, 2019