April 22, 2005
CARY, NC–Derrick Spice defeated Nathan Thompson 2-6, 6-4, 6-3 at number-one singles in clinching the match and leading fourth-seeded and 17th-ranked Wake Forest to a 4-3 win over fifth-seeded Clemson in the quarterfinal round of the 52nd Annual ACC Men’s Tennis Championship at Cary, NC Friday afternoon.
With the win, Wake Forest improves to 16-5 this season, while Clemson falls to 24-10. The Tigers will await word on the NCAA Tournament to be announced later next month. Wake Forest is ranked 17th nationally by the ITA, while Clemson is ranked 27th.
The Tigers lost the doubles point after Derrick Spice and Brett Ross of Wake Forest defeated Thompson and Ryan Young at number-one doubles, 8-5.
In singles, Clemson won the number two, four, and six positions. With the score tied 3-3 the number one singles match was the match-clincher for the Demon Deacons.
1. Derrick Spice (WF) d. Nathan Thompson (CU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3*
2. Sander Koning (CU) d. Sander Koning (WF) 7-6, 7-5
3. Andrew Hamar (WF) d. Clement Reix (CU) 6-1, 7-5
4. Ryan Young (CU) d. Brett Ross (WF) 7-6, 6-3
5. Marius Adamski (WF) d. Brett Twente (CU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Clint Boling (CU) d. Liron Strauss (WF) 6-0, 7-6
* clinched match
1. Spice/Ross (WF) d. Thompson/Young (CU) 8-5*
2. Koning/Reix (CU) d. Hamar/Adamski (WF) 8-3
3. Paul//Bates (WF) d. Twente/Cook (CU) 8-4
* clinched doubles match
January 18, 2019
January 17, 2019
November 28, 2018
November 18, 2018