CLEMSON (3-1) vs. RUTGERS (3-2)
Date: Wednesday, November 25
Tipoff: 11:59 p.m. ET
Arena: MGM Grand Garden Arena (16,800)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
Web: YouTube (BD Global Sports channel)
• Clemson looks to bounce back from its first defeat of the season, 82-65 to UMass on Monday in the Men Who Speak Up Main Event.
• The Tigers fell victim to a hot-shooting UMass team that matched a school record with 16 three-pointers.
• Clemson faces Rutgers in the consolation game; the two teams met last season in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, with the Scarlet Knights pulling out a 69-64 win in Littlejohn Coliseum.
CU Series W-L record: Tied 1-1
Streak: Rutgers won last season, 69-64
• Jaron Blossomgame produced a double-double in last year’s meeting with Rutgers, scoring 12 points with 10 rebounds.
• Blossomgame tied for the team scoring lead in the opening game of the Main Event against UMass with 18 points, and continues to pace the Tigers offensively at just over 17 per game.
• Blossomgame is shooting a team-high 60.5 percent overall, and is 23-32 on two-point goals this season (.719).
• Avry Holmes scored a season-high 18, including 13 in the second half. Holmes hit four three-point goals, upping his career total to 105.
• Gabe DeVoe secured his first career double-double against the Minutemen, posting 10 points and 10 rebounds in 25 minutes. The 10 rebounds were a career-high figure for the shooting guard.
• Clemson has done a good job of protecting the ball this season, as the Tigers have committed just 34 turnovers in four games. Clemson won the turnover margin last time out against UMass.
December 18, 2018
December 17, 2018
December 15, 2018
December 14, 2018