MATCH INFORMATIONWho: Clemson Tigers (8-5, 3-3 ACC) vs. Virginia Tech Hokies (11-6, 2-5 ACC)When: Saturday, Mar. 31 at 1 p.m.Where: Anderson, S.C. (AU Tennis Complex)Follow: @ClemsonMTennis on Twitter and Instagram
– Clemson is coming off of a dominating performance over Boston College on Thursday, defeating them 6-1 at the AU Tennis Complex.
– Clemson has won the doubles point in nine of its 13 matches on the season. The Tigers have a 6-3 record in those nine matches.
– Alex Favrot is ranked 47th according to the ITA singles rankings. He has defeated three ranked opponetns, No. 12 Guy Iradukunda of Florida State, No. 39 Carlos Divar of Georgia Tech and No. 95 David Volfson of Cornell.
– The duo of Favrot and Simon Baudry are ranked 22nd in the country according to the ITA doubles ranking that were released on March 27, 2018. The two are 7-3 in dual matches at No. 1, defeating the 14th ranked team of Jose Gracia and Lucas Poullain 7-5 Mar. 2.
– Baudry is 16-6 overall and is 9-4 from the top two positions in singles.
– Sam Edwards and Yizhou Liu have teamed up to form the Tigers’ No. 2 doubles team, and the two are to 7-4 in dual matches this season, including a big win over Florida State’s 35th ranked team of Aziz Dougaz and Guy Iradukunda on Mar. 2.
– The Tigers hold a slight lead in the all-time series, 11-10.
ITA RANKINGSSINGLESAlex Favrot (Clemson) – 47thMitch Harper (Virginia Tech – 53rd
DOUBLESAlex Favrot and Simon Baudry (Clemson) – 22nd
Live Stats: https://clemsontigers.com/fls/28500/tennisstats/xlive.htm
March 21, 2019
March 17, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 14, 2019