Clemson (6-3) vs. South Carolina (5-3)
Date: Friday, Dec. 19
Tipoff: 7:02 p.m. ET
Arena: Colonial Life Arena (18,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: SEC Network (Mike Morgan-pbp; Will Perdue-color)
• Clemson has won two straight in the series over South Carolina, including 64-55 in Columbia two years ago.
• This is Clemson’s third straight game against an SEC opponent; the Tigers are 3-0 this season vs. the SEC, with wins over Arkansas, Auburn and LSU.
• Clemson last defeated four SEC teams in the same season in 2006-07 (Georgia, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina).
CU Series W-L record: South Carolina leads 88-76
Streak: Clemson has won the past two meetings
• Clemson is in search of its third top-100 RPI win on the young season, with wins in the bag already over Arkansas (14th) and LSU (15th). The Gamecocks are 95th in the unofficial RPI according to WarrenNolan.com.
• Friday’s game is Clemson’s first true road contest of the 2014-15 season. It is the latest calendar date for a first road game in a season since 1991-92, when the Tigers’ first road game was Jan. 9.
• Friday’s game is a Homecoming for two Tigers from the Columbia area — Austin Ajukwa (Cardinal Newman HS) and Jordan Roper (Irmo HS).
• Rod Hall is averaging 17.7 points per game and shooting 60 percent from the floor against teams from the SEC this season.
• Donte Grantham posted four blocks and four steals in the 72-61 win over Auburn last time out. He is just the sixth player in school history to achieve at least four of both in the same game.
• Landry Nnoko needs one block to reach 100 for his career.
May 25, 2023
May 9, 2023
May 2, 2023
April 13, 2023