Clemson (0-0) vs. North Carolina Central (0-0)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,897)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Pete Yanity-pbp; Murry Bartow-color)
• Clemson opens the 2015-16 season against North Carolina Central on Friday in the first meeting between the two schools.
• Clemson will officially play its first regular season game at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville — then named the Bi-Lo Center — for the first time since 2005 against Georgia.
• The Tigers will play all 17 of their regular season home games at The Well while Littlejohn Coliseum undergoes a $63.5 million renovation.
CU Series W-L record: First meeting
• Clemson defeated Lenoir-Rhyne last week in its only public exhibition, 87-84 in double overtime that saw the Tigers rally from a late 12-point deficit.
• The Tigers return leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame, a first for Brad Brownell who is now entering his sixth season as Clemson’s head coach.
• Donte Grantham scored 27 points in the exhibition win over Lenoir-Rhyne and in 2014-15 he was the first freshman in Clemson history with at least 40 threes, 40 assists, 20 blocks and 20 steals in a season.
• Jordan Roper added 23 in the exhibition win. The senior has scored at least 200 points in each of his three previous seasons, and is Clemson’s active leader with 102 career three-point goals.
• Avry Holmes is expected to take the reins at the point guard position after sitting out 2014-15 as a transfer from San Francisco. Holmes scored over 600 points and made 98 three-point goals in two seasons with the Dons.
• Landry Nnoko returns as the Tigers’ starting center and is ninth in Clemson history with 141 career blocked shots.
February 18, 2019
February 16, 2019
February 15, 2019
February 14, 2019