CLEMSON (1-0) vs. UTSA (0-1)
Date: Sunday, November 15
Tipoff: 2 p.m.
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,897)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott-pbp; Stan Lewter-color)
• Clemson opened the 2015-16 season against North Carolina Central on Friday and did so in resounding fashion, beating the Eagles 74-40.
• The Tigers play a second straight team for the first time in their history in UTSA on Sunday.
• The Tigers will play all 17 of their regular season home games at Bon Secours Wellness Arena while Littlejohn Coliseum undergoes a $63.5 million renovation.
CU Series W-L record: First meeting
Streak: First meeting
• Sunday’s game serves as the first game of the Men Who Speak Up Main Event, the regular season tournament the Tigers are part of in Las Vegas, Nev. The Tigers next play Texas Southern, followed by games against UMass (Nov. 23) and either Creighton or Rutgers (Nov. 25) in Vegas.
• Clemson’s defense was the story in the season opener. The Tigers held North Carolina Central, a 25-win team last season, to 30 percent shooting and just 40 total points.
• The 40 points were the fewest allowed by a Tiger team since Clemson allowed just 35 to Furman on Dec. 14, 2013.
• The win over NC Central was Clemson’s 31st straight in a season opener.
• Jaron Blossomgame picked up where he left off as a sophomore, scoring a game-high 18 points in just 22 minutes.
• Avry Holmes posted 11 in his Tiger debut, which included his 99th career three-point goal in the second half.
• Sidy Djitte added a career-high nine points off the bench for Clemson.
August 18, 2020
July 31, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 16, 2020