CLEMSON (14-8, 7-3 ACC) vs. VIRGINIA TECH (12-11, 4-6 ACC)
Date: Saturday, February 6
Tipoff: 4 p.m. ET
Arena: Cassell Coliseum (9,847)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is coming off a 76-62 win at Wake Forest, its second ACC road win of the season; the Tigers scored 56 points in the second half, most in any half in 185 games under head coach Brad Brownell.
• The Tigers are 7-2 since the turn of the new year, and have six wins over teams currently in the top 50 of the latest RPI. That is tied for fourth in the country behind Virginia, Iowa and Oregon.
• Clemson is looking for its second straight win in Cassell Coliseum.
CU Series W-L record: Tied 15-15
Streak: Clemson has won the last two meetings
• Jordan Roper had a big game in the last meeting with Virginia Tech. The senior guard poured in 21 points and was 5-6 from three-point range as Clemson cruised to a 75-54 win on Valentine’s Day in 2015.
• Jaron Blossomgame has produced five straight games with at least 20 points, the first Tiger since Horace Grant in 1986-87 with five straight 20+ point efforts against ACC competition.
• Blossomgame posted his first double-double against an ACC team this season at Wake Forest with 22 points and 13 rebounds.
• Blossomgame needs 53 points to reach 1,000 for his career.
• Blossomgame and Landry Nnoko are the ACC’s top shot-blocking duo, combining for 81 on the season. Both rank among the league’s top 10.
• Avry Holmes scored 17 points last time out, his highest total in an ACC game. Holmes was 3-6 from long distance Tuesday.
• Donte Grantham scored 15 points and hit a career-high nine free throws at Wake Forest; Clemson is 10-1 this season when he scores double figures.
August 14, 2019
July 24, 2019
July 11, 2019
July 10, 2019