CLEMSON (3-0) vs. UMass (3-0)
Date: Monday, November 23
Tipoff: 9:30 p.m. ET
Arena: MGM Grand Garden Arena (16,800)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
Web: YouTube (BD Global Sports channel)
• Clemson defeated UTSA and Texas Southern at home as part of the Men Who Speak Up Main Event. The Tigers now face UMass in the heavyweight bracket on Monday.
• The Tigers last faced the Minutemen in the 2013 Charleston Classic; UMass defeated Clemson to claim the tournament final, 62-56.
• The winner of Monday’s game faces the winner of Creighton vs. Rutgers for the tournament championship on Wednesday.
CU Series W-L record: Tied 1-1
Streak: UMass won the last meeting in 2013-14
• This is the Tiger program’s first trip to Las Vegas for basketball since the 1983-84 season, when Clemson played at UNLV and two days later played Marshall in a neutral site game.
• Four members of Clemson’s current team played in the most recent game against UMass in 2013. Jaron Blossomgame posted nine points in 24 minutes. Sidy Djitte, Landry Nnoko and Jordan Roper also played. Roper suffered a concussion and was limited to five minutes.
• Clemson’s starting backcourt of Avry Holmes and Roper enter the event with a combined 28-to-3 assist-to-turnover ratio. Roper has just one against 16 assists, and has led the Tigers in helpers all three games this season.
• Roper is set to play his 100th career game Monday against the Minutemen.
• Jaron Blossomgame is coming off a season-high 22 points against Texas Southern; he tied a career-best with nine field goals.
• Sidy Djitte posted his first career double-double last time out; he did it with career high totals for both points (13) and rebounds (11).
April 19, 2019
April 11, 2019
April 4, 2019
March 25, 2019