CLEMSON, S.C. — The men’s basketball program announced its 2015-16 award winners at the annual year-end banquet Tuesday at the Madren Center pavilion. Junior forward Jaron Blossomgame took home the top honor of the night, the Paul Bowie Most Valuable Player Award, while Sidy Djitte was honored as the Tom Lynch Most Improved Player.
The Tigers compiled 10 ACC wins, tying the school’s single-season record. Among them were four wins over ranked teams, including three straight for the first time in program history. Clemson also defeated Syracuse on the road in overtime, the program’s first road win over an eventual Final Four team in history.
The full list of award winners is below.
• Led the Tigers and was third in the ACC in scoring at 18.7 points per game
• First-team All-ACC selection was also named Most Improved Player by ACC media and coaches
• Scored 20+ points in over half (16) of Clemson’s games
• First player in Clemson history to shoot at least 50 percent overall, 40 percent from three and 75 percent from the free throw line in the same season
• Improved scoring average, rebounding average, field goal percentage, free throw percentage, blocks and steals as a junior
• Shot team-best 62 percent from the field
• Held top per-minute rebound average on the roster
• Led the ACC with 2.3 blocks per game as a senior
• Finished career fifth in Clemson history with 212 blocked shots
• Blocked career-high eight shots at Virginia Tech, tied for most by any ACC player this season
• Increased vertical jump by three inches
• Increased bench press max by 70 pounds
• Increased squat max by 110 pounds
• Marketing major has over a 3.4 cumulative GPA
• Walk-on appeared in six games this season
• Has served as a team manager for men’s basketball the past several seasons
August 18, 2020
July 31, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 16, 2020