2018-19 Basketball News
• The Clemson Tigers will look to continue its strong play after a 10-point win over Boston College on Feb. 23 when it travels to Pittsburgh. Tipoff from the Peterson Events Center is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• The contest will be televised on Fox Sports South via Raycom Sports with Tom Werme and Debbie Antonelli calling the action courtside, while Don Munson and Tim Bourret will be on the radio waves. The radio call will be available on the Clemson Tigers Network and Tunein.com.
• Live stats will be provided on ClemsonTigers.com and Twitter updates will be available on Clemson’s official account (@ClemsonMBB).
• The Tigers will look for its sixth-straight victory over Pittsburgh tonight, including a season-sweep of the Panthers.
• Clemson ranks fourth in the ACC in scoring defense (64.3 points allowed per game) and second in conference games (62.9).
• According to KenPom, Clemson’s adjusted defensive efficiency now ranks 15th in the country (92.2).
• The Tigers’ head man will also look for his 166th career victory at Clemson. He is currently just 12 shy of tying Cliff Ellis for the most in program history (177).
• Marcquise Reed is one just two guys in the country to average at least 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals per game this season.
• Reed jumped into 18th on the all-time scoring list. Reed now has 1,342 points in his Clemson career.
• Thomas is 10th in program history with 164 career blocks at Clemson and also stands fourth in Clemson history with a 1.91 blocks per game average.
• Thomas surpassed 900 career points (907) and is nearing 600 career rebounds (595) in a Clemson uniform. He would become the 21st player in program history to achieve that feat.
• In addition, Thomas would be one of just seven in program history to amass 900 points, 600 rebounds and 150 blocks.
• Shelton Mitchell is approaching the 325-assist mark in his career and has 304 following the Tigers’ win over Boston College.
2019-20 Signing Class
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
• Each of Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway all earned McDonald’s All-American nominations in their respective states.
• All three earned recognition on a list that includes over 800 men and women basketball nominees.
• Dawes is one of eight nominees from the state of New Jersey. He is averaging 16.0 points per game this season for The Patrick School.
• Hunter was recently named WSBTV-2 Sports Zone Athlete of the Week after scoring a season-high 26 points for Westlake against Newman.
• Hemenway is the all-time leading scorer for Castle High School after scoring 28 points to get to 1,450 career points.
• He then scored 40 points against Henderson County. He averages 26.5 points per game this season.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 76, Boston College 66
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW