2018-19 Basketball News
• The Clemson Tigers will face their first non-conference opponent of the season when they welcome Presbyterian Tipoff from Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, S.C. is slated for 7:01 p.m. ET.
• The contest will be televised on ACCN with Steve Schlanger and Debbie Antonelli calling the action courtside, while Don Munson and Tim Bourret will call the action on the radio waves. The radio call will be available on the Clemson Tigers Network and Tunein.com.
• Live stats will be provided on ClemsonTigers.com and Twitter updates will be available on Clemson’s official account (@ClemsonMBB).
CLEMSON BASKETBALL HEADLINES
• Clemson will have a quick turnaround and host Presbyterian for its debut on ACC Network.
• The Tigers fell in their season opener to Virginia Tech, but Aamir Simms posted a career-best 15 rebounds en route to his first career double-double (12 points, 15 rebounds).
• John Newman III set a career-high in points with 15 against the Hokies on a career-best five made field goals.
• Head coach Brad Brownell is starting an all-freshmen backcourt this season with Al-Amir Dawes and Chase Hunter.
• This marks the first time that Brownell has started a freshman since 2014-15 when Donte Grantham started his career game as a Tiger.
• The year prior to Grantham, Brownell started Jaron Blossomgame as a rookie in 2013-14.
• Other recent instances of one freshman starting their rookie year: Demontez Stitt (2007-08), Trevor Booker (2006-07), K.C. Rivers (2005-06).
• The last time that Clemson had two freshmen primarily in the starting lineup was 2004-05 when Cliff Hammonds and Cheyenne Moore shared that privilege.
• The 1995-96 season was unique in Clemson history in that, then-head coach Rick Barnes started four freshmen and one sophomore. Among the freshmen starting that season, current director of player development and second all-time leading scorer Terrell McIntyre.
• You’d have to go back to the 1943-44 season for the last time the Tigers primarily started freshmen. Eddis Freeman and Leonard Riddle started most of that season in the backcourt and combined for 18.4 points per game.
• Dawes and Hunter combined for 18 points in their debut as Tigers.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
2019-20 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE