Nov. 26, 2009
STORRS, CT – The Clemson women’s basketball team will partake in the WBCA Classic from Nov. 27-29 at Gampel Pavilion on the campus of the University of Connecticut. The Tigers will play Richmond on Friday, Hofstra on Saturday, and #1 Connecticut on Sunday.
Location: Storrs, CT – Gampel Pavilion (10,167)
Friday: Clemson (3-1) vs. Richmond (3-1) – 5:00 pm
Saturday: Clemson vs. Hofstra (3-0) – 5:00 pm
Sunday: Clemson at #1 Connecticut (4-0) – 4:30 pm
Radio: All three games will be available on WCCP-FM 104.9 or at WCCPFM.com. Dan Scott will be on-site for play-by-play, and Kanetra Queen will give color commentary.
Livestats: visit ClemsonTigers.com
TV: Sunday’s game will be available on CPTV with Bob Picozzi (play-by-play) and Meghan Culmo (color) on the call.
Clemson vs. Richmond
· This will be the first meeting between Clemson and Richmond in history.
· Last season, the Spiders made it to the third round of the WNIT, finishing 24-10.
· The Spiders returned 12 of their 14 letterwinners and all five starters.
Clemson vs. Hofstra
· Clemson has met Hofstra once in history, a 69-59 Clemson win in 1996
Clemson vs. UConn
· Clemson and UConn have met three times all-time
· All three games have been NCAA Tournament meetings
· Clemson defeated UConn 61-59 in the first meeting of the series
· The tow teams have not met since the 2000 second round of the NCAA tournament
· Clemson is 2-12 all-time against #1 teams
· UConn will be the first of six currently ranked teams that the Tigers will play in 2009-10
· Clemson’s 3-1 record is the best start to a season since 2003-04
· Lele Hardy
· Is now ranked 15th in Clemson’s history in scoring and eighth in rebounding
· Is tied for ninth on the all-time starts list
· Became the 15th player in ACC history to amass 300 career steals with four against Kennesaw State
· Freshman Keyrra Gillespie leads the ACC with 7.7 assists per game
· Shaiqua Pauldo has reached double-figures in all four games and had a career-high nine rebounds against South Carolina.
· The Tigers will play their second of five consecutive games away from Littlejohn, and will play six of seven on the road overall.
The Tigers won the Washington Husky Classic last season during their Thanksgiving Trip
September 16, 2021