Jan. 28, 2003
Game 16: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Tipoff: 7:06 PM Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,500) TV: Fox Sports Net Play by Play: Mike Hogewood Color: Dan Bonner Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
Series Notes Overall: Wake Forest leads 88-50 At Clemson: Clemson lead 33-31 at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 19-15 at Wake Forest: Wake Forest leads 47-12 Last Year: CU won at CU, 118-115 in double overtime, Wake won at Wake 96-55
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Clemson has played four consecutive games that have been decided by five points or less. Clemson is 1-3 in those games. This is the first time since the final four games of the 1989-90 season that Clemson has had four straight games decided by five points or less. It is just the fourth time in the last 22 seasons it has happened.
* Edward Scott needs just 13 points to reach the 1000 point mark in his career. When he does he will join Terrell McIntyre as the only players in Clemson history with 1000 points and 500 assists. Ironically, it will be Scott’s 100 career game at Clemson. It will also be the 100th game for senior forward Ray Henderson.
* Forward Olu Babalola has had back to back 12 point games. He has shot 5-8 from the field in each contest and is now 13 for his last 22 from the field over three games. He has seven steals and three blocked shots to go with 10 rebounds over the last two contests.
* Clemson lost by five points to 12th ranked Maryland in its most recent game. Clemson had some of its best defensive numbers of the season. Clemson held the Terps to 52 points, the fewest points by a Maryland team since 1995. Maryland’s 33.9 percent field goal percentage was also its low mark of the season and the 20 turnovers forced by the Clemson defense were also a season high for the Terp offense.
* The last time Clemson and Wake Forest met in Littlejohn Coliseum the Tigers came away with a 118-115 double overtime victory. It was the highest scoring game in ACC history for two teams in terms of combined points. Edward Scott led the Tigers with 30 points and 16 assists. It was just the second time in ACC history that a player at at least 30 points and 15 assists in the same game.
* Edward Scott needs just 13 points and 21 rebounds to reach 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds. When he does he will be just the eighth player in ACC history to reach all of those totals.
* Clemson won the “points in the paint” statistic in each of its first 13 games this. Both Florida State and Maryland won that statistical area last week.
* Shawan Robinson has made 8 of his last 11 shots from the fiel, including 4 of his last 6 three-point shots.
* Sharrod Ford saw his streak of 23 consecutive games of shooting at least 50 percent from the field end when he was 1-4 against Maryland.
* Edward Scott had his streak of 14 consecutive games recording more assists than turnovers end against Maryland when he had 3 assists and five turnovers.
August 18, 2020
July 31, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 16, 2020