• Clemson won its fourth game over a top-100 RPI team Saturday, 66-53 over Syracuse. The Orange were 44th in Saturday’s official RPI by the NCAA.
• In the last two seasons, Clemson has defeated the two winningest coaches in NCAA Division I history in Littlejohn Coliseum, Jim Boeheim and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski.
• Clemson is now 2-0 all-time against Syracuse in Littlejohn Coliseum. The Tigers previously defeated Boeheim’s squad in the 2007 NIT quarterfinals.
• The Tiger defense held Syracuse to 18 points in the opening half, Syracuse’s low total for the season (previously 22 vs. California).
• Clemson matched its season-high with eight three-point goals.
• The Tigers had a 12-to-10 assist-to-turnover ratio Saturday, their third positive figure over the last four games.
• Clemson outrebounded Syracuse by a +10 margin, the Tigers’ fourth straight game winning the battle of the boards.
• Saturday’s win was Brad Brownell’s 251st as a head coach and his 20th in the month of January at Clemson. He is the program’s only coach in the ACC era (1953-present) with a winning record (20-16) in January.
• Jaron Blossomgame collected his sixth double-double of the season, finishing with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
• Blossomgame has reached double figures in the rebound column a team-high eight times.
• Donte Grantham posted a career-high 16 points, his first time leading Clemson in scoring this season.
• Grantham made 4-of-8 from three. It was the most made threes by a Tiger freshman since Adonis Filer made four against The Citadel in 2012-13.
• Rod Hall scored 15 Saturday to surpass the 800-point mark in his career.
• Hall surpassed former teammate Andre Young for 11th in Clemson history for assists. With six in the game, Hall now has 347 for his career.
• Hall needs just eight to pass Chris Whitney for 10th in school history.
• Damarcus Harrison extended his streak to 13 games with at least one three-pointer.
May 9, 2023
May 2, 2023
April 13, 2023
April 11, 2023