Feb. 24, 2003
Game 24: Clemson vs. Maryland Tipoff: 7:06 PM Site: Comcast Center (17,950) City: College Park, MD TV: Fox SportsNet South Mike Hogewood, Play-by-Play Dan Bonner, Color commentary Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret) Maryland Rankings (As of Feb. 18) 13th by AP 13th by USA Today/ESPN Overall: Maryland leads 81-42 At Maryland: Maryland leads 47-8 at Clemson: Clemson leads 31-24 at neutral: Maryland leads 10-3 This Year: Maryland 52, CU 47 Jan. 25 at Clemson, SC Streak: Maryland won 10 in row at Maryland: Maryland won 5 in row Last Year: Terps won at MD, 99-90 Terps won at Clem, 84-68
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Tuesday’s game will feature two of the nine players in ACC history who have reached the 1000 point, 500 assist, 400 rebound club. Clemson guard Edward Scott reached the club in the victory over Virginia on Feb. 18. Maryland guard Steve Blake became a member earlier this year.
* Scott has scored at least 20 points in four straight games, at least 25 points in three consecutive games. He is just the second Clemson player since 1969 to have three consecutive 25-point scoring games (Will Solomon is the other). Over his last four games, Scott has averaged 26.8 points per game, 4.5 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. He has made 11 of his last 18 three-point shots. The opposing guard he has been assigned to has made just 2 for his last 14 shots from the field.
* Clemson has three consecutive ACC victories. This is the first time Clemson has done that in the regular season since the 1996-97 season when Clemson won its first five ACC games. This is the first time Clemson has won three straight ACC games in the month of February since Feb. of 1990.
* Sophomore Olu Babalola is coming off his best scoring game as a Clemson player. He scored 15 in the win over Florida State, as he hit 6-12 shots from the field.
* During Clemson’s three-game winning streak, senior Tomas Nagys has averaged 11.3 points per game pulled in 15 rebounds, including 10 offensive and has made 21 of 25 free throws.
* Maryland won the first meeting between the two teams in January at Clemson by a 52-47 score. The 52 points scored by Maryland were the fewest by the Terps in eight years.
* Clemson has 15 overall wins this season, already eclipsing the total of 13 it had last year. Clemson has five ACC wins to eclipse the total of last year. It is Clemson’s highest ACC win total since the 1998- 99 season, Larry Shyatt’s first, when Clemson had five league wins. Clemson still has four ACC games remaining.
* Clemson has a 15-8 record through 23 games. This is Clemson’s best 23-game record since 1996-97 when Clemson was 19-4 through 23 games.
* Clemson has five ACC wins this year and three have been by three points or less. This is the first time since the 1988-89 season that Clemson has won three ACC games by three points or less in the same season.
* Clemson continues to lead the ACC in field goal percentage. Clemson has connected on .465 for the season. Clemson shot 50 percent from the field in its recent victory over Florida State.
July 30, 2021
July 28, 2021
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021