March 7, 2003
Game 27: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Tipoff: 3:42 PM Site: Alexander Memorial (9,191) City: Clemson, SC TV: ABC Mark Jones, Play-by-Play Fran Fraschilla , Color analyst Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
Series Notes Overall: Tied at 50-50 At Atlanta: Tech leads 35-16 at Clemson: Clemson leads 34-13 This Year: Clemson won in Clemson 69-67 on Feb. 5 Streak: Clemson won 1 in row, Tech won 4 of 6 Last Tech Win: At Clemson, 74-50 2002 Last Year at GT: Clemson won 83-76
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* This will be the final regular season game for Clemson. Heading into the final weekend Clemson can finish anywhere from fifth to eighth in the final regular season standings.
* Clemson won last year’s game at Georgia Tech. It was the first ACC game of the year and the Tigers came away with an 83-76 victory. Chris Hobbs scored a season high 25 points and added 10 rebounds, while Jamar McKnight added 22. Edward Scott had a double-double with 12 points and 11 assists.
* Point guard Edward Scott has scored at least 20 points in six of his last seven games. Maryland is the only team to hold Scott under 20 points in the last seven dating to Feb. 12. He is averaging 23.7 points per game during the stretch. Scott had 21 points, five rebounds, six assists and four steals in the three-point loss to NC State last Wednesday. He led Clemson in scoring, rebounding and assists in the same game for the third time this year. He is now Clemson’s career and single season leader in “Triple Leaderships”.
* Clemson leads the ACC in fewest turnovers committed per game. Clemson is committing just 13.65 turnover per game. The Tigers have averaged just 9.8 turnovers per outing over the last five games and have committed 10 turnovers or less in four of the last five contests. Clemson has a +19 turnover margin over the last two games, but has lost both contests.
* Clemson’s frontcourt had a solid game in the loss to NC State. Tomas Nagys scored 13 points and Chris Hobbs hit 4-4 shots from the field and scored 10. It marked the first time since Jan. 14 that two Clemson frontcourt players scored in double figures in the same game.
* Clemson freshman Shawan Robinson has made .462 of his three-point shots this year. That would be the fourth best three-point goal percentage in Clemson history for a season if the season ended today.
* Clemson has 15 overall wins this season, already eclipsing the total of 13 it had last year. Clemson has five ACC wins to eclipse the total of last year (4). It is Clemson’s highest ACC win total since the 1998-99 season, Larry Shyatt’s first, when Clemson had five league wins.
* Clemson and Georgia Tech have played exactly 100 games over the years and the each team has won 50. The two teams have split the season series 13 of the last 15 years. Clemson won the first meeting and will be going for its first sweep of Georgia Tech since the 1996-97 season. Clemson already has a sweep of Virginia this year.
May 28, 2021
May 26, 2021
May 25, 2021
May 20, 2021