Feb. 4, 2003
Game 18: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Tipoff: 7:00 PM Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,500) TV: None Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
Series Notes Overall: Georgia Tech leads 50-49 At Clemson: Clemson leads 33-13 at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 24-6 at Atlanta: Tech leads 35-16 Last Year: CU won at Tech, 83-76, Tech won at Clemson 74-50
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Edward Scott needs just 17 rebounds to become the eighth player in ACC history to reach at least 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds in a career. He now has 1013 points and 538 assists and 383 rebounds heading into the Georgia Tech game.
* Clemson shot 65 percent from the field in the second half against NC State, yet was outscored by 14 points for the 20-minute period.
* Clemson freshman Shawan Robinson has made 52 percent of his shots from the field and 83.3 percent from the line. No Clemson freshman has shot over 50 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line since Elden Campbell did it in 1986-87. He is shooting 52 percent from the field in ACC games this year. He also has as many steals as turnovers in his 96 ACC minutes (7).
* Clemson is on a four-game losing streak after winning 11 of its first 13 games to open the season. Clemson is a perfect 10-0 in non-conference games. The Tigers have not won since defeating Virgnia, 78-77 on January 18. The losing streak started at Florida State on January 21 when Anthony Richardson made two free throws with 0.4 seconds left for a 60-59 victory. Clemson has two other losses by five points or less.
* Clemson continues to lead the ACC in field goal percent, a position the Tigers have held all season. Clemson has shot at least 50 percent from the field in seven games this season.
* Clemson opponents have made 23-52 three-point shots over the last two games, a .442 mark. In seven ACC games, opponents have made 60 threepoint goals compared to just 31 made by the Tigers.
* Clemson and Georgia Tech split their season series last year with each team winning on the road. It was just the 12th time in Clemson history that is had a “road win split” in an ACC series.
* Clemson has a better field goal percentage on the road (.486) than it does at home (.475) this season.
* Olu Babalola has made 16 of his last 29 shots from the field and 9 of his last 11 free throws.
* Chris Hobbs has made 15 of his last 19 free throws after starting the year shooting 48 percent from the line for his first 12 games.
* Clemson has averaged 17.3 turnovers per game over its four-game losing streak. Clemson averaged just 13 turnovers per game over its first 13 games when the Tigers had an 11-2 record. Clemson has just a 41/69 assist/turnover ratio for its last four games.
* Getting to the line has not been a problem for Clemson during its four-game losing streak. Over the last four games Clemson has 67 free throw attempts and the opponents have 68.
July 30, 2021
July 28, 2021
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021