March 11, 2003
Game 28: Clemson vs. Florida State Tipoff: 7:00 PM Site: Greensboro Coliseum City: Greensboro, NC TV: ESPN Dave O’Brien , Play-by-Play Brad Daugherty, Color analyst Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)SERIES NOTES Overall: Florida State leads 22-17 At ACC Trn: Tied at 2-2 at Neutral Site: Clemson leads 4-3 at Clemson: Clemson leads 10-7 at Tallahassee: Florida State leads 12-3 This Year: CU won at CU, 74-60 FSU won at FSU, 60-59 Streak: Clemson won 1 in row Teams split last 6 Last Yr ACC Trn: FSU 91, Clemson 84 (OT)
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Edward Scott was named first-team All-ACC this year, the first Clemson point guard in 43 years to be named first team. Clemson’s #10 on the roster was the 10th Clemson player in history to be named firstteam All-ACC. Scott has averaged 21.6 points a game over his last eight games.
* Clemson and Florida State split a pair of games this year. This the third straight year the two teams have met in the ACC Tournament and the fourth time in the last five years. Each of the previous four ACC Tournament meetings between the teams the team that has won the most recent regular season meeting has lost the tournament game.
* Clemson freshman guard Shawan Robinson and Florida State sophomore forward Anthony Richardson played on the same high school team in Raleigh two seasons ago. Robinson made 5-6 three-point goals in two meetings with the Seminoles this year.
* Clemson has four players on its roster from North Carolina. In addition to Robinson, Chris Hobbs (Chapel Hill), Walker Holt (Greensboro) and Ray Henderson (Charlotte) are all from the Tar Heel State.
* Clemson leads the ACC in fewest turnovers committed per game. Clemson is committing just 13.5 turnover per game. The Tigers have averaged just 9.8 turnovers per outing over the last six games.
* Olu Babalola scored a career high 17 points on 7-9 shooting in Clemson’s most recent game against Georgia Tech. He had been 1-14 in his three previous games.
* Clemson is 13-1 this year when scoring at least 70 points and 2-11 when failing to reach the 70-point mark. The Tigers are 8-1 when shooting at least 50 percent from the field.
* This will not be the first game Clemson has played in Greensboro this year. Back on Nov. 27 Clemson defeated High Point 91-65. It was the most points Clemson has scored in a game this year. The Tigers made 9-20 three-point shots in the facility and shot 55 percent overall. Clemson is 5-18 lifetime in the ACC Tournament in Greensboro.
* Clemson has 15 overall wins this season, already eclipsing the total of 13 it had last year. It marks the third straight year Clemson has improved on its victory total over the previous year. A win in the ACC Tournament will give Clemson six wins against ACC opponents this year. That would be the high figure for the program since 1998.
* Clemson has been to the ACC Tournament Championship game just one time in 50 years (1962) and has never won the title.
May 28, 2021
May 26, 2021
May 25, 2021
May 20, 2021