The Clemson University Department of Athletics strives to be an elite Division I institution in providing support to all areas of the student-athlete experience.
With an emphasis on academic, athletic, personal, professional, and social development and excellence, the Athletic Department will provide the support, environment and infrastructure to promote the mission of Clemson University.
1. Recruit and attract gifted individuals to best represent the University, who allow our teams to compete nationally both in the classroom and on the field.
2. Maintain a true commitment to enforcing the rules of the NCAA, ACC and Clemson University; and be fully accountable at every level as we promote success both on and off the field.
3. Provide each student-athlete with the appropriate academic resources to enable them to pursue and achieve their Clemson University degree and prepare them for their career after graduation.
4. Support the welfare and development of the student-athlete personally, professionally and socially through an integrated system of care and support through providing relevant, state-of-the-art, targeted programs, services, and guiding principles.
5. Embrace the diversity of our student-athletes, coaches and administrators by fostering a respectful culture that utilizes and celebrates those differences to achieve great success.
6. Recruit, develop, and retain a diverse staff committed to the growth of the student-athlete as a person, student, and athlete.
7. Create an exciting, fun, family atmosphere for fans and alumni to experience the best of Clemson University and support current student-athletes.
8. Expand and enhance athletic facilities which serve Clemson student-athletes and coaches developmental needs while creating unforgettable experiences for our fans.
9. Provide private financial support, through IPTAY and its over 15,000 members to fund the cost of athletic scholarships, academic support services, and facilities (both new and renovated).
10. Promote fellowship through the Tiger Letterwinners Association of all former student-athletes and recognize their accomplishments and contributions to Clemson Athletics.
September 19, 2023
September 18, 2023