Nov. 25, 2008
ATLANTA, GA – As Clemson University prepares for its rivalry match-up with the University of South Carolina on Saturday, University officials, in conjunction with The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), are making preparations to rid the market of potential counterfeit and unlicensed merchandise.
CLC, an IMG company and exclusive licensing agency for both institutions, will work closely with local law enforcement officials, along with representatives from Clemson, to patrol the marketplace in search of counterfeiters selling “knock-off” merchandise. All counterfeit merchandise is subject to seizure.
When purchasing Tiger merchandise, consumers should always look for the following characteristics to ensure the merchandise they purchase is officially licensed:
· All officially licensed merchandise should display the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” hologram somewhere on the product or hangtag.
· The merchandise should depict Clemson University logos and marks in a tasteful manner, as the University does not approve distasteful designs.
· The tag on the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a second-hand garment, one that probably would not meet the stringent quality standards in place at the University.
· All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hangtag, a neck label, or screen-printed directly on the garment.
· All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations (i.e. TM, ) next to a specific name or design.
To report product/s in the marketplace believed to be unlicensed or any other infringing use of a Clemson University trademark or logo by any individual, company, or organization, please visit to the Resources Section of http://www.clc.com and click on “Report Infringers” to anonymously report it to CLC.
About The Collegiate Licensing Company: The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is a division of a division of global sports and entertainment company IMG. Founded in 1981, CLC is the oldest and largest collegiate licensing agency in the U.S. and currently represents nearly 200 colleges, universities, bowl games, athletic conferences, The Heisman Trophy and the NCAA. The mission of CLC is to be the guiding force in collegiate trademark licensing and one of the top sports licensing firms in the country. CLC is dedicated to being a center of excellence in providing licensing services of the highest quality to its member institutions, licensees, retailers and consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta (Ga.), CLC is a full-service licensing representative, which employs a staff of more than 80 licensing professionals who provide full-service capabilities in brand protection, brand management, and brand development. For more information on CLC, visit: www.clc.com or www.imgworld.com.
February 21, 2019