CLEMSON (11-6, 4-1 ACC) vs. No. 8/9 MIAMI (13-2, 2-1 ACC)
Date: Saturday, January 16
Tipoff: 2 p.m. ET
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,987)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Mike Gleason-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is in search of a fifth straight ACC win, something that has not happened in Tigertown since the 1996-97 team started 5-0.
• The Tigers are in search of a third straight win over a top-25 team, something that has never been achieved in program history.
• Clemson welcomes one of the nation’s hottest teams in Miami, winners in eight of its last nine games. The Hurricanes’ only loss came at Virginia, a top-20 ranked team.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 12-10
Streak: Miami won the most recent meeting
• Miami has won four of the last five in the series. Two of the wins came in 2012-13 as a top-10 team. The Hurricanes enter Saturday’s matchup with a No. 8 ranking in the latest AP poll.
• Clemson knocked off sixth-ranked Duke in its most recent game, the program’s first top-10 win since a victory over the Blue Devils in 2009.
• The win over Duke gave Clemson wins over ranked opponents in consecutive games for the first time since the 1988-89 season.
• Clemson rallied from a 12-point first half deficit against the Blue Devils, its largest deficit overcome in a victory over Duke since the 1995-96 season.
• Donte Grantham scored 16 points in the Tiger victory Wednesday, his highest point total in an ACC game since also posting 16 in a victory over Syracuse as a freshman. Clemson is 8-1 when Grantham makes at least three three-pointers.
• Landry Nnoko is coming off his second double-double (12 points, 13 rebounds) in the last three games. It was his second career double-double in a win over the Blue Devils.
May 16, 2019
May 9, 2019
May 7, 2019
April 26, 2019