Constantly looking to improve one of the nation’s best gameday experiences, Clemson Athletics today announced 15 new improvements for its fans to expect in Memorial Stadium for the 2015 football season.
“The fans at Clemson football games help create such a tremendous atmosphere for our student-athletes,” Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich said. “We’re always looking for ways to make their experience the best it can be, and these improvements are a few of the things we’re doing to ensure our fans have a great time and keep enjoying Death Valley.”
Several items below were generated from ideas provided by Clemson’s first-of-its-kind Solid Orange Fan Advisory (SOFA) Board at their year-end meeting in May.
The list of new items includes $32.6 in construction updates, new traffic patterns postgame and proactive measures to beat possible hot temperatures for the first two home games in September.
1) Completion of the WestZone oculus/bridge project, creating a pedestrian-convenient walkway between the north and south concourses (Expand and Enhance Updates)
2) Premium seat renovations including complete renovation of the south suites, press and operations areas, and expansion and enclosure of north suites (Expand and Enhance Updates)
3) Creation of the all-new South Club, a 600-seat premium area on the south stands (IPTAY Premium Seating Information)
4) Partnered with South Carolina Highway Patrol, City of Clemson, and adopted traffic-improvement recommendations from civil engineering professor and traffic expert (New Traffic Patterns)
5) A fourth-generation upgrade of the Distributed Antenna System via Verizon, improving cellular service throughout the stadium
6) Restroom renovations in the north and south upper decks, and improvements throughout the stadium.
7) Creation of “Cool Zones” in several locations (both upper and lower decks) for the first two games of the year
8) ARAMARK and Clemson Athletics providing $1 discount on bottled water and selling cups of ice for a dollar during those two September contests
9) All-new videos including “This Is Death Valley” entrance video, fourth-quarter hype video and others
10) An upgraded speaker system with all-new speakers throughout the lower level concourse, and a new orange mesh covering the speaker cabinets atop east end video board
11) New novelty stands in the upper decks, and a new Nike exclusive gameday store in the WestZone
12) Inaugural “Fan Guide” mailed out with each season ticket package and available throughout Memorial Stadium
13) The Tiger Tailgate Show, now located behind the Chapman Grandstands at Doug Kingsmore Stadium, will feature head baseball coach Monte Lee as a co-host. The area will also now have concessions, novelties and the Coca-Cola inflatables.
14) The first phase of a new signage and graphics package throughout the stadium, including new banners and wayfinding signage.
15) More restrooms. New portable trailer restrooms located around Littlejohn Coliseum as it undergoes renovations, and a significant increase in restroom locations in tailgating areas throughout the athletic district.
January 23, 2021