GAMEDAY SETUPNo. 18/17 CLEMSON (16-4, 5-3 ACC) vs. GEORGIA TECH (10-10, 3-4 ACC)Date: Sunday, Jan. 28Tipoff: 6:05 p.m. ETArena: McCamish Pavilion (8,600)Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)TV: ESPNU (Anish Shroff-pbp; Corey Alexander-color)
– Clemson carries a nice lead in the all-time series with Georgia Tech. As it stands, the Tigers hold a 69-63 edge.
– The Tigers are 24-43 all-time on the road in the series.
– The last time the Tigers were a ranked team on the road at Georgia Tech, the Tigers won 81-73 on Feb. 22, 2009.
– With Grantham’s injury, Aamir Simms has entered the starting lineup. His last start at Virginia was the first by a Tiger freshman since Grantham in 2014.
SERIES HISTORYCU Series W-L record: Clemson is 69-63 all-time against Georgia Tech.Streak: Both teams split the season series last year.
– Clemson has won 13-of-the-last-17 matchups against Georgia Tech.
– Head coach Brad Brownell is 12-4 against Georgia Tech, including 4-3 in Atlanta.
– Marcquise Reed has now put together the longest free throw streak of the season for the Tigers. Reed has now connected on 14 in a row from the Miami game through the Virginia game. (Jan. 13-Jan. 23).
– In the latest KenPom rankings, the Tigers are ranked Nos. 17, 11 and 46 in overall, adjusted defensive efficiency (92.0) and adjusted offensive efficiency (112.9).
– Clemson’s resume features five Top 35 KenPom wins.
– Elijah Thomas is one of five players nationally to average at least 10.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and shoot at least 60.0 percent from the field.
– Clemson moved up two spots in the AP Top 25 poll this week (No. 18) – its highest mark in the AP Poll since Jan. 18, 2010 (17th). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 17. Clemson’s RPI checks in at sixth nationally.
August 18, 2020
July 31, 2020
July 22, 2020
July 16, 2020