Nov. 11, 2010
Complete Game Notes
CLEMSON, SC – The Clemson Lady Tiger Basketball team will tip-off their 35th season on Friday, Nov. 12 at 5:30 PM as they play host to the UNC Greensboro Spartans in Littlejohn Coliseum. Fans who are attending the men’s game can gain free entry to the women’s game by showing their ticket.
The Tigers will also play host to Charleston Southern at 2:00 pm on Sunday in Littlejohn Coliseum.
Karleen Thompson will be on the sideline for the Tigers in both games, as Head Coach Itoro Coleman continues her maternity leave after giving birth on Nov. 5.
Clemson v. UNCG Game Information: Date: Friday, Nov. 12, 2010 Time: 5:30 PM Eastern City: Clemson, SC Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Broadcast Information: Web Video: TigerCast (ClemsonTigers.com) will air the game live; Roy Philpott begins his second season doing play-by-play Radio: WCCP-FM 104.9, Dan Scott (play-by-play) and Kanetra Queen (color commentary) will call the action LiveStats: Gametracker at ClemsonTigers.com
Watch Clemson vs. UNC Greensboro Live on TigerCast
Clemson v. Charleston Southern Game Information: Date: Sunday, Nov. 14, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM Eastern City: Clemson, SC Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Broadcast Information: Web Video: TigerCast (ClemsonTigers.com) will air the game live; Roy Philpott – play-by-play Radio: WCCP-FM 104.9, Dan Scott (play-by-play) and Kanetra Queen (color commentary) LiveStats: Gametracker at ClemsonTigers.com
Watch Clemson vs. Charleston Southern Live on TigerCast
Clemson Quick Notes * Head Coach Itoro Coleman will miss at least the first two games after giving birth to her third child on Friday, Nov. 5
* Karleen Thompson will act as Head Coach during the leave of absence, but Coleman will still be the coach of record
* Thompson is the former head coach and General Manager of the Houston Comets, and was a long-time assistant coach with the L.A. Sparks WNBA franchise
* Coleman is in her first season as a head coach. The 2000 graduate of Clemson was most recently at Penn State
* Tiger wing player Sthefany Thomas has averaged more than eight points per game in each of her first three seasons, and ranks in the top ten in Clemson history in three-pointers made (88) and career free throw pct.
* Shaniqua Pauldo is the lone returning starter. In her 31 starts a season ago, she averaged 11.4 points and shot .477 from the field. She scored more than 20 points in four games last season, a team high.
* Junior Lindsey Mason finished last season ranked fifth in the ACC in blocked shots per game, as the Tigers finished with the second-most blocks in school history
* Clemson opens with seven of their first eight games at home for only the 2nd time in school history (1982-83)
* Clemson is 24-11 all-time in season openers
* The Tigers scored a season-best 104 points against the Buccaneers last season in a 52-point victory.
* Four Clemson players scored in double-figures off the bench on the way to a season-best 60 points by non-starters.
October 21, 2021