Feb. 14, 2003
Game 21: Clemson vs. North Carolina Tipoff: 1:06 PM Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,500) City: Clemson, SC TV: Raycom/Jefferson Pilot Bob Rathbun, Play-by-Play Dan Bonner, Color Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret) Overall: UNC Leads 112-17 At Clemson: UNC leads 32-13 at Littlejohn: UNC leads 23-10 at Chapel Hill: UNC leads 49-0 This Year: UNC 68, Clemson 66, Jan. 14 at Chapel Hill UNC Streak: UNC has won 4 in row Last Year at CU: UNC won 87-69 Last CU Win: 75-65 at Clemson in 2000-01 season
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Clemson guard Edward Scott scored 21 points in Clemson’s most recent game, a loss to South Carolina in Columbia. It was his fifth 20-point game of the season, and 12th of his career. He was a career best 8-8 from the foul line, the highest perfect free throw shooting game by a Clemson player since Adam Allenspach was 9-9 against Wofford n 12/16/ 00. Scott became the sixth Clemson player in history to start 100 games when he started against Duke on Feb. 9. He needs 10 rebounds to become the ninth player in ACC history to reach 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds in a career.
* Clemson has struggled at the outset of its last two games. Clemson trailed Duke in Durham 13-3 to open the game and trailed South Carolina 12-0 in the first five minutes of the contest last Wednesday night.
* Chris Hobbs recorded his first career three-point goal in the loss to South Carolina. He banked in a shot at the 9:18 mark of the second half on his first career attempt. He had gone 79 consecutive games without even attempting a three-point goal. He is currently the only Clemson player in history with a perfect three-point shooting percentage.
* Clemson’s last win over North Carolina took place two years ago in Littlejohn Coliseum, a 75-65 victory over a number-one ranked North Carolina team. The Clemson victory broke an 18-game winning streak for the Tar Heels and ended an eight-game losing streak for the Tigers.
* While Clemson has won just one of its last three games the Tigers have improved in terms of perimeter defense during that time. Clemson opponents have made just 13 of their last 56, three-point shots, a 23.2 percentage.
* Clemson is playing South Carolina and North Carolina in consecutive games for the first time since the 1990-91 season.
* Clemson has two wins by two points or less this year in ACC play. This the first time Clemson has done that since the 1989-90 season.
* North Carolina won the first meeting between these two teams, 68-66 in Chapel Hill on January 14. It was the 49th straight homecourt win in the series for North Carolina. Clemson had a three-point attempt to tie the game with 21 seconds left, but the shot missed. Clemson’s frontcourt players were a combined 16-24 from the field and scored 38 points.
* Shawan Robinson, a freshman from Raleigh, is shooting 52.4 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line. He is attempting to become the first Clemson freshman since Elden Campbell (1986- 87) to shoot at least 50 percent from the field and at least 70 percent from the foul line.
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021
June 28, 2021
May 28, 2021