March 3, 2003
Game 26: Clemson vs. NC State Tipoff: 7:00 PM Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,500) City: Clemson, SC TV: ESPN-2 Mike Patrick, Play-by-Play Brad Daugherty, Color analyst Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
SERIES NOTES Overall: NC State leads 90-40 At Clemson: NC State leads 27-25 at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 18-13 at Raleigh: NC State leads 44-10 This Year: NC State won in Raleigh 78-56 on Feb. 2 Streak: NC State won 4 in row Last CU Win: 72-69 at Clemson 00-01 Last Year at CU: NC State won 80-79
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Wednesday evening will be “Senior Night” at Clemson for seniors Edward Scott, Tomas Nagys, Ray Henderson, Jermel Douglas and Walker Holt. All five players are on pace to graduate by this coming August. All five have been a big reason Clemson has improved in its overall victory total each of the last three seasons.
* It will be a special Senior Night for Nagys, who will also celebrate his 23rd birthday. He is believed to be the first Clemson senior to also celebrate his birthday on “Senior Night”.
* Clemson has had great success on “Senior Night” over the years. Clemson is 25-6 in its last 31 “Senior Night” games, including a 14-6 mark against ACC teams. Overall, Clemson is 64-27 in “Senior Night” games in its history.
* Scott has scored at least 20 points in five of his last six games. Maryland is the only team to hold Scott under 20 points in the last six games. He is averaging 24.2 points per game during the stretch.
* Clemson center Sharrod Ford has had consecutive double figure rebounding games against top 15 teams Maryland and Wake Forest. He had a doubledouble at Maryland, then had 10 rebounds, three blocks and two steals at Wake Forest. He is first on the Clemson team in field goal percentage and rebounding this year.
* Clemson freshman Shawan Robinson has made .462 of his three-point shots this year. That would be the fourth best three-point goal percentage in Clemson history for a season if the season ended today.
* Clemson Head Coach Larry Shyatt and NC State Head Coach Herb Sendek coached on the same Providence staff in 1988-89 with Rick Barnes. That Providence team had an 18-11 record and went to the NCAA Tournament. Sendek has a 5-4 advantage in their head coaching head to head meetings over the last five years.
* Clemson has 15 overall wins this season, already eclipsing the total of 13 it had last year. Clemson has five ACC wins to eclipse the total of last year (4). It is Clemson’s highest ACC win total since the 1998-99 season, Larry Shyatt first, when Clemson had five league wins.
* The last time these teams met in Littlejohn Coliseum the Wolfpack won 80-79 on a tip-in by Josh Powell with two seconds left. Clemson shot 61.2 percent from the field, 41.7 percent on three-point goals, and lost. Clemson is 21-2 over the last 16 years when shooting at least 60 percent from the field and both losses have been at home against NC State. It also happened in 1997-98.
May 28, 2021
May 26, 2021
May 25, 2021
May 20, 2021