Match Information vs. Southern Cal
Who: Clemson vs. Southern Cal
When: Friday, Jan. 26, 11 a.m.
Where: USC Tennis Complex, Columbia, S.C.
Match Information vs. No. 25 South Carolina/Oklahoma
Who: Clemson vs. No. 25 South Carolina/Oklahoma
When: Saturday, Jan. 27, TBD
– This weekend’s matches are part of the ITA Kick-off Weekend, where 60 teams play in four-team brackets at 15 host sites across the country. Clemson’s bracket features host No. 25 University of South Carolina, the University of Southern California and the University of Oklahoma.
– Clemson opened the season with two wins last Saturday at the Duckworth Doubleheader, defeating Charleston Southern 7-0 and Appalachian State 4-0. The Tigers were a combined 9-0 in singles play and 5-0 in doubles play and did not lose a single set in the two matches.
– Clemson’s 2018 roster is made up of one senior, three juniors, three sophomores and one freshman.
– Daniela Ruiz is the lone senior on the team, and is the Tigers’ team captain for the second-straight season.
– Ruiz was named an NSCA All-American Strength & Conditioning Athlete of the Year in 2017, and was a doubles specialist for the Tigers last spring, with an 18-3 record in dual matches and a 10-1 record in ACC play.
– Junior Marie-Alexandre Leduc is ranked 20th according to the ITA’s final fall singles rankings, released Nov. 15, 2017.
– Leduc had an impressive fall 2017 season, in which she was 9-3 in singles play and reached the quarterfinals of the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships and the semifinals of the ITA Carolinas Regional.
– Juniors Fernanda Navarro and Ally Miller-Krasilnikov and sophomores Constanza Gorchesand Sydney Riley, are also back for the Tigers in 2018.
– Tate Schroeder, a sophomore from Centennial, Colo. and transfer from Mizzou, and Laura Marti, a freshman from Madrid, Spain, are the team’s two newcomers.
– Head Coach Nancy Harris is in her 21st season at the helm of the Clemson program. In her first 20 seasons, Harris has taken the Tigers to the NCAA Tournament 18 times, including 16 consecutive years from 2002-17. She has led the program to a 334-188 overall record (64.0%) and a 144-66 ACC record (68.6%) in those 20 seasons.
Lily Miyazaki (Oklahoma) – 14th
Marie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 20th
Gabby Smith (Southern Cal) – 35th
Hadley Berg (South Carolina) – 43rd
Madison Westby (Southern Cal) – 85th
Megan Davies (South Carolina) 105th
Hadley Berg & Rachel Rohrabacher (South Carolina) – 33rd
Angela Kulikov & Rianna Valdes (Southern Cal) – 46th
Megan Davies & Silvia Chinellato (South Carolina) 48th
August 8, 2018
August 2, 2018
June 25, 2018
May 25, 2018