No. 20/18 CLEMSON (15-2, 4-1 ACC) vs. #15/14 NORTH CAROLINA (14-4, 3-2 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 16
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m. ET
Arena: Dean E. Smith Center (21,750)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Terrence Oglesby-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham -pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
• Clemson is 20-131 all-time against North Carolina; 0-58 at UNC.
• Of those 58 losses, 27 have come inside the Smith Center.
• The Tigers have lost nine in a row to the Tar Heels in the all time series.
• This will mark the first time since 2009-10 that either team will enter the game both ranked in the Top 25 of the AP Poll.
• Marcquise Reed scored his 600th point in a Tiger uniform on Jan. 13.
• Reed is one of just 17 players in the country to average at least 15.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.5 steals. He is the lone member of this club in the ACC.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 20-131 all-time against North Carolina.
Streak: The Tar Heels have won nine in a row in the series.
• Clemson fell back one spot in the AP Top 25 poll this week (No. 20). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 18. Clemson’s RPI checks in at seventh nationally.
• Since head coach Brad Brownell took over prior to 2010-11, the Tigers have now won 11 games against nationally ranked opponents.
• Coach Brownell passed Oliver Purnell for the third most wins at Clemson with his 139th victory as a Tiger against Miami (Jan. 13).
• Donte Grantham, with his second made 3-pointer against Miami, moved into ninth place all-time for threes made in a career (158).
• The Tigers’ next three opponents are a combined 43-10 (at North Carolina, vs. Notre Dame and at Virginia).
• North Carolina has an average margin of victory of 20.4 points per game in its 58 wins in Chapel Hill over the Tigers.
• The Tigers’ adjusted defensive efficiency of 92.8 ranks 12th in the nation, according to KenPom.
August 15, 2018
August 9, 2018
August 7, 2018
July 30, 2018