Sept. 19, 2010
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery 1 | Photo Gallery 2
Clemson Player Notes * Kyle Parker threw two touchdown passes in the first half and moved into sixth place on the Clemson all-time touchdown pass list. He now has 26 for his career, two shy of fifth place Mike Eppley, who played between 1980-84. Ironically, Eppley was also a two sport starter at Clemson. He played football and basketball as a starter for two years apiece.
* Auburn is the third visiting city that Parker has thrown a touchdown pass and hit a home run. He hit a three run homer against Auburn in the 2010 NCAA Regional on June 7. He threw two touchdown passes in the first half tonight. He also had at least a home run and a touchdown pass over his career at South Carolina and Georgia Tech.
* Dwayne Allen had a career high five catches for 66 yards in the first half. His previous career high was four catches at Miami last year. His 66 yards are also a career high.
* Kyle Parker. He now has a team high three TD receptions after not catching any previously in his career.
* Harper became the first Clemson running back since 1986 to catch two touchdown passes in a game. The last player to do it was Terrence Flagler at Wake Forest in 1986. Yes, Harper did something tonight, that C.J. Spiller never did in his Clemson career. Spiller caught 11 TD passes, but never two in the same game.
* Xavier Dye had two receptions in the first half. He did not have a catch in the first game.
* Andre Ellington had a career high 140 yards rushing in 22 attempts, career highs in both areas. He also had a career high 48 receiving yards and a career high 188 yards of all-purpose running.
* Da’Quan Bowers had a team best nine tackles and fellow defensive end Andre Branch had eight to lead the Tigers. Bowers had three tackles for loss, including half a sack in tonight’s game.
* DeAndre McDaniel had his 12th career interception and six tackles, plus a tackle for loss. He is fifth in the NCAA among active players in interceptions with 12.
Clemson Team Notes * Clemson had four third-down conversions in the first half. The Tigers had just four in the first two games combined entering tonight.
* Clemson had 267 yards of total offense in the first half. Clemson’s season high is 422 against North Texas in the first game.
* A key to Clemson in the first half was time of possession. Clemson held the ball for 19:23. It had the ball for just 18:08 for the entire game against North Texas in the season opener.
* The attendance of 87,491 was the largest crowd ever to see Clemson play a football game. Previous high was 86,520 for the Clemson at Georgia game of 2002.
* Clemson falls to 6-5 in overtime all-time, 0-2 against Auburn.
* Clemson has an open date next week. The Tigers are 2-0 under Dabo Swinney the game following an open date.
* Clemson had 27 first downs tonight, yet lost the game. It was the most first downs by the Clemson offense in a loss since the 2005 Wake Forest game when Clemson had 28 first downs, yet lost 31-27.
* Clemson did not have a turnover this evening yet lost the game. It was the first time Clemson did not commit a turnover in a loss since the last time Clemson played a top 25 non-conference team. Clemson did not have at turnover in a 14-10 loss to a top 20 TCU team at Clemson last year.
October 14, 2019
October 13, 2019