Sept. 10, 2011
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Clemson Team Notes * Clemson now holds an 11-3 all-time against Wofford, including a 7-0 record against the Terriers at Clemson. The Tigers have now won 40 straight games against Southern Conference teams and 50 straight games against current Southern Conference teams.
* Clemson is now 25-0 all-time against Football Championship Sub-Division teams. But, today’s game was the closest for the Tigers against a FCS team. The previous smallest margin of victory was 11 points, a 28-17 win over Furman in 2003 and a 21-10 win over Western Carolina in 1982.
* Clemson has now won two games without leading at the half in either one. Clemson tailed 16-13 to Troy in the opener and won 43-19. Today the teams were tied at 21 before Clemson won 35-27. This is the first time Clemson has won consecutive games without leading at the half since 2005. That year Clemson was tied with Florida State 14-14 before winning 35-14. The following game Clemson trailed at South Carolina 6-3 before winning 13-9.
* Clemson tallied 215 yards rushing and 261 yards passing in today’s game. It is the first time the Tigers have had 200 rushing yards and 200 passing yards in a game since last season when Clemson rushed for 212 yards and threw for 202 yards against Presbyterian. Clemson is now 54-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing in the same game.
* Clemson did not record a sack in today’s game. That is the first time is since the ACC Championship Game in 2009 against Georgia Tech that Clemson did not record at least one sack. This was a steak of 15 straight games in which Clemson had recorded a sack. Wofford only threw eight passes in the game.
Clemson Player Notes * Martavis Bryant scored his first career touchdown on a 42-yard pass from Tajh Boyd in the first quarter. It was his second career catch as he had a 54-yard reception in the opener against Troy.
* Andre Ellington recorded the longest rush of his career with 74-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Ellington rushed for 22 carries for 165 yards and one touchdown. His 22 carries ties a career-high which came against Auburn last year. The 165 yards were just one off his career high of 166 yards against Georgia Tech last year.
* Derrick Hamilton had 205 at Maryland in 2001. The Clemson record for a freshman is 234 by Don King against Fordham in 1952.
* Cullen Harper threw for five touchdowns against Louisiana-Monroe and then threw for three touchdowns against Furman the following week. It is the second most touchdown passes by a Clemson quarter in his first two starts. The record is eight by Charlie Whitehurst, who threw four in each of his first two starts, at Duke and at North Carolina in 2002.
* Kantrell Brown intercepted the first pass of his career in the fourth quarter and returned it 43 yards. He also recorded one tackle.
* Andre Branch and Jonathan Meeks led the Tigers on defense today with a career-high 10 tackles each. Quandon Christian also recorded a career-high eight tackles.
May 17, 2019
May 9, 2019
May 8, 2019
May 3, 2019