Oct. 9, 2010
Recap | Final Stats | AP Photo Gallery | Photo Gallery
Team Notes * Clemson is 2-3 for the second consecutive year. The Tigers then won six in a row and won the Atlantic Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
* Clemson had nine penalties for 81 yards, a high in terms of penalties and yards since Dabo Swinney has been Clemson Head Coach. It is the most penalties called on the Tigers since the 2005 NC State game when the Tigers also had nine. It is the most penalty yards in a game for the Tigers since the 2004 Utah State game when the Tigers also had nine.
* Clemson had the ball for just 1:45 in the fourth quarter.
* Clemson did not have a turnover in today’s game. The Tigers had six in the most recent game against Miami (FL).
* Clemson threw 39 passes, but the offensive line did not give up a sack.
* Clemson’s defense allowed just 255 yards by North Carolina, a season best in terms of total defense. It was the best by the Clemson defense over the last 11 games. The defense allowed just 91 yards rushing, also a season best.
Individual Notes * Jaron Brown had his first career 100-yard receiving game as he had four catches for 107 yards, including a 74-yard touchdown.
* Kyle Parker threw his 27th career touchdown pass in today’s game. The 74-yard score to Jaron Brown in the fourth period was the second longest touchdown pass of his career. Parker needs just one touchdown pass to move into a tie for fifth place in Clemson history in terms of touchdown passes.
* Andre Ellington had 12 rushes for 55 yards and now has 926 career rushing yards in 134 attempts. The sophomore needs 74 yards to reach 1000 in his career.
* Chandler Catanzaro made a career long 48 yard field goal total. He missed from 42. All five of his field goal attempts in regulation this year have been between 40-49 yards.
* DeAndre Hopkins had seven catches for 46 yards in today’s game. It is the most receptions by a Clemson freshman since 2005 when Aaron Kelly had seven for 155 yards against Temple.
* Da’Quan Bowers was credited with two sacks for 16 yards today. He now has six sacks in just five games and 11.5 tackles for loss. In five games he has already exceeded his 2009 season totals in terms of sacks and tackles for loss.
April 18, 2019
April 16, 2019
April 13, 2019